Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 13 Sep 24 12:11:54, всего сообщений: 12549
= Сообщение: 3864 из 12549 ====================================== ENET.SYSOP =
От   : David Rance                      2:203/2            21 Jun 16 11:15:16
Кому : Michiel van der Vlist                               21 Jun 16 11:15:16
Тема : Brexit
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:203/2+5769059e
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:280/5555+57669466
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: CP866 ==================================
Ответ: area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:280/5555+5769cbc3
On Sun, 19 Jun 2016 14:47:28 Michiel van der Vlist -> David Rance wrote:

DR>> For what it's worth, my opinion is that we are going to be far worse
DR>> off if we leave. And I will not live long enough to see us recover.

MvdV> No doubt that the UK will be worse off after leaving. Not only wil its
MvdV> economy suffer, it may even be the start of the desintegration of the
MvdV> UK.

Oh, there's no doubt of that.

MvdV> The Scotts want to stay and so they may want to leave the UK in order
MvdV> to remain part of the EU.

But they wouldn't "remain". They would have to put in an application just as if they'd never been members. Nor will they keep any special privileges.

MvdV> A Brexit will not be good for the rest of Europe either. Especially for
MvdV> The Netherlands. We do a lot of trade with the UK.

MvdV> But... look at the alternative. From the POV this side of the North
MvdV> Sea. The UK has always been the bad boy in class. The UK has always
MvdV> been the jamming station when it comes to making progress. They do not
MvdV> want the Euro, they do not want Schengen, they do not want Europol, the
MvdV> list of what they do not want is long. From this side of the channel it
MvdV> looks that you guys want just the benefits of membership.

How can you say that when our contribution to the EU far outweighs what we get back.

MvdV> Yes, we the EU, will pay a price for getting rid of the bad boy in
MvdV> class. But if the bad boy stays, it won't be over. The UK will continue
MvdV> to demand special priviliges and they will continue to be the jamming
MvdV> station whenever the rest wants to take steps towards tighter integration.

Precisely! We do not want political integration. Why should that be the aim in what was essentially an economic union? We joined an economic union back in 1971 or 1972.And if we have political union, like an empire that have gone before,  it is doomed to failure.

I was against joining the EEC in the first place because I had been fed a whole lot of silly lies about the eventual aim of the Community. It wasn't political union, it was religious union with the Roman Catholic church!!! Have you ever heard anything so silly?

Why can't we have just an economic union? What's wrong with it? Yes, you've got politicians who are striving for political union but that's just a power game they're playing. And calling us "bad boys" just because we won't go along with this political game is really just silly.

MvdV> For the EU it is a lose-lose situation. A Brexit is bad for the EU, but
MvdV> a Bremain may be worse. That is not just my opinion, lots of people
MvdV> here feel that way.

Or, to put it another way, A Remain vote will keep the voice of sanity alive in the EU.

MvdV> It is probably not what you want to hear, but there is lots of attention
MvdV> in the media here and voice of "if they want to go let them go" is not
MvdV> a whisper in the dark...

It depends which newspaper you read! ;-)

David

--
Formerly ICHTHUS (Reading) UK (1987-2007 R.I.P.)  (2:292/854.110)

--- Turnpike/6.07-M (<rh6l6KFj698QbR7O6pg$AP6X63>)
* Origin: news://eljaco.se (2:203/2)