Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 06 Jul 24 08:57:14, всего сообщений: 12527
= Сообщение: 680 из 12527 ======================================= ENET.SYSOP =
От   : Gert Andersen                    2:230/150          21 Feb 14 15:42:02
Кому : Ward Dossche                                        21 Feb 14 15:42:02
Тема : Re: Some down time.
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:230/150+53077ada
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:292/854+b7048958
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: LATIN-1 ================================
Ответ: area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:230/0+5308263b
 * Reply to message originally in area CarbonArea

Hello Ward!

Fri Feb 21 2014, Ward Dossche wrote to Gert Andersen:

GA>> As my main fido pc got in some harddisk error ...

WD>"Again?"

Not so often has it happen :-)

WD>What do you do to it? It's quite frequent you fry your hardware ...

There is 4 computers there is standing by 2 and 2 beside each other and the main pc as router and mail server is the pc there is hardest to get to as it is the one there is the biggest and most havy pc.
win7  fido1
fido2 router  - as they is standing beside my work table and altan door, then is I smoking.
Then was there by Thursday been working on some new echo postings script and then was all text and script files been deleted by something after a reboot and then I this day was trying out to find a way to recover linux files there has been deleted - and end up to do some pc reboot on my main fido pc was the harddisk got bad and the boot up testing and checking harddisk + repair the 2 main mount on the hd end up with that work + main mount of sda3 was in error and the boot repair dropped after 3 tries and all gone on to where the boot normal end with prompt fido1 (fido1.kofobbs.net) it now then ended with (none)., and the sda3 was not mount and no working root mount to be found.
I could use manual repair function fsck there were find and just started it up to check and repair first sda1 with all fine and then sda3 in 3 hours with repairing some of fles and programs to it nearly has ended it pass 1 and got to reboot and done the same 3 times, and then finally just repair all bad and error files + programs, started on repair the harddisk i_nodes and this took longer time to do this.
After the last reboot and all was repaired  got on to be sure that fidonet stuff was fine by recompile all fido files.

So when I now by Saturday have all the computers taken down to check hardware components and is on my main fido pc, I do some fido system backup for mostly txt and config files, when I have connected my fido1 pc and then connect extra sata 80G hd by extern cable, and not let any fido function be run, delete all old backup of fido system on extra fido1 harddisk sdd and copy all from fido1 sda3 /home/kofo/* and /etc/* to sdd3 /home/kofo/ + let /home/kofo backup to ftp harddisk sdc /fidoback/ ..

BTW. I have looked in the last ZONE1.Z52 ZONE1.052 file in ZSEG from Janis and find that it has error for 1 network host in z1r16 where the hole net is in error with ;E in front of the hole net.

  Take care,
            Gert

      - Get the best with linux -

--- Msged/LNX 6.2.0 (Linux/2.6.39-gentoo-r1 (x86_64))
* Origin: KofoBBS at ftp://fido1.kofobbs.net (2:230/150)