Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 02 Jul 24 10:25:11, всего сообщений: 12522
= Сообщение: 565 из 12522 ======================================= ENET.SYSOP =
От   : Ulrich Schroeter                 2:240/1120         06 Feb 14 19:53:09
Кому : Kees van Eeten                                      06 Feb 14 19:53:09
Тема : Figuring something out
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:240/1120@fidonet+52f3efbd
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:280/5003.4+52f3c5a4
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: CP866 ==================================
Ответ: area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:5020/545+52f3ea4f
moin Kees,

Thursday February 06 2014 18:10, you wrote to Ward Dossche:

KE> Hello Ward!
KE> 06 Feb 14 17:57, you wrote to All:
WD>> I've always campaigned against the imbalance between large zones
WD>> and those with hardly anyone. It was unjust, following the same
WD>> reasoning it is unacceptable to attribute the same priviliges to
WD>> a 1-sysop region than to one with largely over a thousand.

in the early 90's there was an unwritten law - to form a network requires 10 sysops ...
might be a counter or a clue for regions ?!?

WD>> Your thoughts please, this just an idea, nothing's cast in
WD>> concrete.

KE>  You propose to solve a political problem with a technical solution.
KE>  On the technical side you save one line in the nodelist for each
KE> region that is removed.

KE>  Solve political problems in the political sphere, not via a technical
KE> U curve. Either you give a weight factor to the size of the region, or
KE> have all of fidonet vote.

KE>  I now realize there is one technical fact, there will be fewer region
KE>  segments to be processed and looked after by a ZC.

dependent on working cleanup procedures in the master directory
first each region helds its own segment .... If the cleanup isn't enabled
each segment can become multiplied ... this makes tons of updates
if the count of "inactive" regions is high, it becomes confusing, which regions and segments are active, half-active or dead wood ...

eg for the Z2 pointlist segments there are currently 2 "inactive" segments ...
for the R24 region segment there is a higher count of inactive net segments that I have to monitor frequently and monitoring means, to check the last segments datetime stamp, monitoring of the last connect of the *C
on a longer inactivity w/o any communications, mail and file flow, you probably start a discovery process what happens with the net / region ... if there is any life in the area in question
as less nodes forms a segment, the probability increases that the *C becomes more work to do, increasing monitoring activities, increasing change requests and probably more ....

KE>  Just my first toughts.

KE> Kees
KE> (2:280/5003.4)

regards, uli   ;-)

---
* Origin: AMBROSIA - Frankfurt/Main - Germany (2:240/1120)