Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 02 Jul 24 10:25:11, всего сообщений: 12522
= Сообщение: 568 из 12522 ======================================= ENET.SYSOP =
От   : Ulrich Schroeter                 2:240/1120         07 Feb 14 07:40:02
Кому : Ward Dossche                                        07 Feb 14 07:40:02
Тема : Figuring something out
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:240/1120@fidonet+52f491e9
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:292/854+a1079916
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: CP866 ==================================
Ответ: area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:292/854+a4038248
Hi Ward,

Thursday February 06 2014 22:13, you wrote to Kees van Eeten:

WD> Kees,

Kv>WD>> Your thoughts please, this just an idea, nothing's cast in
Kv>WD>> concrete.

Kv>> You propose to solve a political problem with a technical
Kv>> solution.

WD> I feel sometimes embarassed continuing to claim there are 20 regions
WD> in zone-2 when a number of these regions only have 1 or 2 nodes.

Kv>> I now realize there is one technical fact, there will be fewer
Kv>> region segments to be processed and looked after by a ZC.

WD> Since nodelist-production is conducted automatically that's not really
WD> worth talking about.

WD> The makenl-run lasts less than a second here ... it won't even be
WD> noticed.

;)

WD> I'm especially interested in the voice of those 1- to 2-node regions.
WD> R29 als merged into R28 years ago, it wasn't the end of the world...

do you have something like DACH or BNL+DACH in mind ?!? ?-)

if we have 1-2 nodes regions and they've showing activity while writing
posts in echos, as long this isn't much to count in time ...
The problem starts if there is no more sign of activity ...
no segment updates, no connections, no mails, no files
If we have more then one node in a segment probably you can contact one directly to get some info out of the segments area about current state
if one sysop goes missing its difficult to decide ... is the sysop there, still on vacation, or elsewhere ?!? Is there a machine there, receiving mails?
Its not seldom, that autopilot systems running for 3 months or any longer, before a sysop responds to a netmail request ... and in case of a system misconfiguration, you can wait for a response finite, despite the fact there is a living sysop there

You'll remember that I've asked you for a contact into r34 ?
and it tooks 6 months more, to figure out a binkd configuration problem
that blocked continuous mailflow in both directions  :-/
single netmails could be transfered, continues echomail flow was blocked
at least in one direction

The processing of a segment goes in a twinkle of your eyes, but the overlaying workaround to get connections established or informations passed takes months ....  :-/

WD>  \%/@rd
WD>  $ Origin: Many Glacier / Protect - Preserve - Conserve (2:292/854)

regards, uli   ;-)

---
* Origin: AMBROSIA - Frankfurt/Main - Germany (2:240/1120)