Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 20 Sep 24 12:02:56, всего сообщений: 12550
= Сообщение: 6691 из 12550 ====================================== ENET.SYSOP =
От   : Gerrit Kuehn                     2:240/12           13 Jun 18 17:16:06
Кому : Robert Bashe                                        13 Jun 18 17:16:06
Тема : Fiber connection to every household
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:240/12+5a80ab3e
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:2448/44+5b20e9d8
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: LATIN1 =================================
Hello Robert!

13 Jun 18 11:54, Robert Bashe wrote to Gerrit Kuehn:

GK>> Of course you can (within some margins, as I said). However, I still
GK>> don't see what that has to do with our discussion here.

RB> Look back on what you wrote. My comments were a logical extension.

I already did look back and couldn't find the logical thread you're talking about.

GK>> Take your steam energy and make something productive from it.

RB> Gladly. What would you suggest for a 76-year old naturalized German
RB> with a handicap, little energy and no public speaking experience?

I doubt the "little energy" part... However, I don't know nearly enough about you and your live to make concrete suggestions. Even if you think that speaking is not your strong suit, writing is definitely one of your skills. What is going on in your local area / neighbourhood that you would like to see changed or improved? Finding something local would make the physical handicap you're facing right now less of an issue. Are there already other people working in the same direction?
Last time I was strongly opposed to something our local politicians planned (about four years ago), and said so only once with a few more people present, it took like two days until one citizens' initiative asked me to join and support them, and another one founded around me faster than I could even think.

GK>> Works for me. At least I don't feel the frustration you appear to
GK>> have.

RB> Which, I suppose, is the main thing. If you're satisfied - or mainly
RB> satisfied - with the status quo, you have no cause to complain. I'm
RB> not satisfied, and complain.

I wouldn't say I'm satisfied. There are plenty of things I'd like to see changed better today than tomorrow. I'm just not willing to let myself being frustrated.

RB> Sure. I could pour gasoline on myself and light a bonfire in the
RB> Datteln marketplace. Which would kill me and prove...yeah, just what?

That you're highly frustrated, and sometimes getting cynical. But we don't need any proof, we already knew that much.

RB> Gerrit, people either bitch to let off steam, or a select few -
RB> usually young, with a great deal of energy - go into politics, only
RB> to discover that they can't change the world that way either.

So you would want to change the world, and everything else doesn't count? High aims, for sure...

RB> Remember the Greens? I do. I remember the internal fights they had,
RB> the "realos" and the "fundis", and the people who left the party
RB> after the majority had realized that they couldn't change the world.

However, they did. Just compare the political and social situation from the late 1970s with today. It is vastly different, and parts of these changes can be traced back to the Greens. And yes, I could name examples, you can certainly do that, too.

RB> Same with "Die Linke". At some point in time, everyone has to come to
RB> terms with the fact that it takes a bloody revolution to really
RB> change a society. And bloody revolutions in Europe are not really in
RB> sight nowadays.

Bob, the society is constantly changing. You don't need a revolution to give it a new direction. Basically, you just need to change heading and wait.
Just compare your life and the society from the 1960s, 1970s, 1980s... it's not just different clothing and different music.

Regards,
Gerrit

...  5:16PM  up 157 days, 19:09, 9 users, load averages: 0.07, 0.14, 0.11

--- Msged/BSD 6.1.2
* Origin: We are a nation of innovations (2:240/12)