Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 13 Sep 24 12:11:54, всего сообщений: 12549
= Сообщение: 4220 из 12549 ====================================== ENET.SYSOP =
От   : Alex Woick                       2:240/1351         14 Sep 16 14:26:40
Кому : Ward Dossche                                        14 Sep 16 14:26:40
Тема : Brexit
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:240/1351+57d94bf9
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:292/854+a4066527
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: LATIN-1 ================================
Hallo Ward,

WD> That's how it goes in a democracy, you exercise your right to
WD> co-govern when you colour the dot, once that's done it is in someone
WD> else's hands.

That's not the whole story of democracy. You not only just vote for parties and candidates, you vote because they stand for something. The parties and candidates have programs. The programs were created, discussed, refined within the parties with the help of many party members. The party members listen to people not in the party and try to find solutions as universal as possible. Having this in mind, they discuss and vote for their internal programs within the party. The parties themselves have democratic structures internally. This way, the many opinions from society bubble through the parties, are discussed and refined many times. In the end, one party gets elected by a majority of the citizens for performing their program.

The whole thing only works in the long run, if the elected politicians will really do what they said what they will do and what is written in their programs. If they suddenly go their own way and do what they were not elected for, some kind of dissatisfaction or even uproar will arise.

The politicians, once elected, may have the legal right to do what they please, but it's not appropriate in regard to the democratic process in which they were elected.

As far as I see it, the current dilemma with the rising radicalism from both the left and the right wing is, that the established parties don't have satisfiying solutions proposed in their programs for the current events. They are not prepared, so they have to improvise. But they don't know what the people really want. They only know what parts of the people want, but not what "the" people want.

On the other hand, the radical parties claim they have solutions, so they get the votes. In fact, they don't have any commonly agreed solutions either, but this is not appearent to everyone. Many people only understand simple solutions, but in this globalized world no solution can be simple any more if you want to respect as many people as much as possible.

Tschau
Alex

--- GoldED+/W32-MINGW 1.1.5-b20070503
* Origin: WOMBAZ Systems Heusenstamm, binkd: binkd.wombaz.de (2:240/1351)