Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 05 Jul 24 12:03:09, всего сообщений: 12525
= Сообщение: 5465 из 12525 ====================================== ENET.SYSOP =
От   : Kai Richter                      2:240/77           16 Sep 17 00:16:44
Кому : Ward Dossche                                        16 Sep 17 00:16:44
Тема : ERRFLAGS.ZC2
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:240/77+59bc515e
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:292/854+a4001349
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: LATIN1 =================================
Ответ: area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:280/5555+59bd2fb4
Tag Ward!

Am 12 Sep 17, Ward Dossche schrieb an Michiel van der Vlist:

Mv>WD>> There have been a number of discussions about this -- are
Mv>WD>> mobile nodes real nodes or are they points?

Mv>> There has been no discussion.

WD> Maybe other people were involved ... who knows ... or is a discussion
WD> not valid until you were in it?

Who was involved in the discussion?

It seemed to me, that our RC24 was completely surprised by it. And i think that this topic should be worth to be discussed at least on a Coordinators Level.

Mv>> Sorry, I can not support this.

WD> You should perhaps more become involved in the real world

In the real world all what you and the mobile users need is already there.

WD> You're not happy with this evolution but I got over 30 messages in
WD> netmail, email and Facebook expressing satisfaction that this step has
WD> been taken.

That is the prove that there was no public discussion within fidonet echoareas.

WD> The author of Hotdoged, Sergey Poziturin of 2:5020/2141, is elated
WD> and has found new energy to further develop the productm he is now
WD> thinking about adding node-specific features, such as routing,
WD> multi-uplink setup and so on.

You have been enslaved for advertising.

Flags are required to detect differences. Like POTS max. speed, like protocol restrictions in old software. The caller needs to know this difference before calling.

WD> The future of communication, and hence of Fidonet, lies in hand-held
WD> mobile devices and technical innovation. PCs sooner rather than later
WD> will become extinct.

Time will tell.

WD> success or not. If it catches then it will become more popular and as
WD> 'current practice' will be documented by the FTSC, if it doesn't catch
WD> then it will die a silent death.

No guys will rise from death due to new nodelist flags.

WD> Back in time when ISDN was introduced it was met by fierce opposition
WD> and when the different flags dealing with it were regulated,

And the already invented mechanisms will work for mobiles too!

Nobody is against mobile nodes, all i've read is against useless flags!

Please keep that in mind.

Tschuess

Kai

--- GoldED+/LNX 1.1.4.7
* Origin: Cheap, Fast, Reliable - pick any two. (2:240/77)