Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 28 Jun 24 12:04:28, всего сообщений: 12519
= Сообщение: 3075 из 12519 ====================================== ENET.SYSOP =
От   : Robert Bashe                     2:2448/44          24 Nov 15 14:41:46
Кому : Michiel van der Vlist                               24 Nov 15 14:41:46
Тема : Service announcement
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:2448/44+56546fa3
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:280/5555+56524dd4
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: CP866 ==================================
Ответ: area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:280/5555+56570223
Michiel van der Vlist wrote to Robert Bashe on Monday November 23 2015 at 00:16:

JD>>> And the state of Emergency for the next 30 days  as well I guess.
JD>>> They are doing the exact same thing that happened in the US after
JD>>> 9/11

RB>> And you actually expect something else?

MV> One would hope and expect that today's leaders had learned from the
MV> mistakes made in the US wouldn't one?

And just what mistakes were they? You'll notice that 200-300 French people were killed in Paris, not in New York or Washington. Some things you don't have to like, but may be necessary under extraordinary circumstances. The Israelis, incidently, are a good deal stricter than the Americans, although their methods are different.

RB>> Wait until 100-200 people (or more) are shot or blown up in Ottawa
RB>> (or Belgium, or the Netherlands)
MV> [..]
RB>> Understanding for the American reactions will according soar.

MV> I see very little of that and much more of the opposite.

What I mentioned hasn't happened yet.

MV> What I see is an increasing number of people who say that ISIS is a
MV> result of the failed US military intervention in Iraq and Afghanistan.
MV> Without those failed intervention, there would be no ISIS. The monster
MV> that we are dealing with was created by the US and its allies.

Naive in the extreme. So instead of ISIS, we'd only have Bin Laden and his boys blowing up airliners. That would be a great improvement, I'm sure.

As for the rest, what's to say? Complaining and assigning blame (naturally to someone else) doesn't do much good after the fact. You can't undo WWI or WWII just by wishing they hadn't happened or damning the Kaiser or Franz Joseph (WWI). All you can do is to deal with the results - with no past experience to draw on (WWI) - the best way you can. And after WWII there were a lot of mistakes made after WWI that were NOT repeated (Versailles being one of them).

MV> The US "war on terror" has been an utter failure.

How often have there been mass murders by Muslims in the USA since the aftermath of 9/11? Don't forget, to an American, his/her own country comes first. Like you: a mass murder in Paris - big deal. A similar mass murder in Amsterdam and you'd be foaming at the mouth, wanting to get the bastards. You don't believe me now, and I hope this never occurs, but I can well imagine your attitudes then.

The only difference would be that the Netherlands doesn't have the military clout to do what the Americans did, nor for that matter does NATO, that bickers among the members more than actually acting.

MV> It has given rise to more terrorism instead of making this world a
MV> safer place. Continuing that strategie would be madness.

And then what should we all do? Walk around in Burkas with a face veil, so you can't see if a man or a woman is underneath... and a Burkah hides a Kalashnikov and an explosive vest so well...

It's bullshit to re-hash the past and try to assign exclusive blame for this and that to (naturally) somebody else. I could go on for hours writing about the criminal negligence of the UN and the Dutch "Peacekeepers" who were supposed to be protecting Srebrenica. But what good would that do? Absolutely none. The dead are dead. and those responsible - some of them, at least, are in the Hague, enjoying good food, good medical care and at absolute worst a few years more under the same conditions.

Let's move on and deal with the problems of today rather than griping about who was responsible for them. That won't solve anything.

Cheers, Bob

--- GoldED+/W32 1.1.5-0613
* Origin: Jabberwocky System - 02363-56073 ISDN/V34 (2:2448/44)