Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 20 Sep 24 12:02:56, всего сообщений: 12550
= Сообщение: 4270 из 12550 ====================================== ENET.SYSOP =
От   : Robert Bashe                     2:2448/44          19 Sep 16 08:01:02
Кому : Richard Menedetter                                  19 Sep 16 08:01:02
Тема : Brexit
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:2448/44+57df80dd
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:310/31+57de5399
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: CP866 ==================================
Ответ: area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:310/31+57e1af89
Richard Menedetter wrote to Robert Bashe on Sunday September 18 2016 at 10:34:

RM>>> Yes! That is your duty as a citizen!
RB>> Then you're living in a dream world.

RM> We live in the same world.

And some, like you, dream on, whereas others see the realities.

RM> There have been many situations where people were NOT asked, and they
RM> had NO choice. (dictatures, up until today eg in north korea)

Why not take the EU as an example? When were the people affected actually asked for their opinion, except in a tiny minority of cases?

RM> If in todays world people ARE asked, and they do not care to inform
RM> themselves, than it is THEIR fault to bear the consequences!

You DO love to assign "blame", don't you? Without any idea of what really would happen if the populations affected were actually asked for their opinions.

RB>> And as far as "duty" is concerned, how about the "duty" of election
RB>> candidates to work in the interest of their constituencies, and keep
RB>> their promises?

RM> YOU can decide WHO you vote for.

Sure. And like in Austria, we can vote for for the devil or the deep blue sea.

RM> If you do not bother to inform yourself, see above. Also if a
RM> candidate violates the law, you can sue him.

Go right ahead. Don't let me stop you ;-)

RM> If he does not keep his promises, people are not forced to reelect
RM> him!

To be replaced by anothetr lying politician who does the same thing.

RB>> I've seen enough policitians lie to the public and promise the moon
RB>> before an election, only to do what they please afterwards, to
RB>> consider your attitude more than merely naive. It's blind.

RM> Thank you for your very valuable oppinion.

You're welcome, even if you yourself are so blind you don't see the realities.

RM> Still most western countries are democracies.

Some very smart person once remarked that elections alone don't make a "democracy". They have elections in North Korea, too. And in South Sudan.

Cheers, Bob

--- GoldED+/W32 1.1.5-0613
* Origin: Jabberwocky System - 02363-56073 ISDN/V34 (2:2448/44)