Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 13 Sep 24 12:11:54, всего сообщений: 12549
= Сообщение: 4736 из 12549 ====================================== ENET.SYSOP =
От   : Robert Bashe                     2:2448/44          07 Apr 17 11:57:54
Кому : Ward Dossche                                        07 Apr 17 11:57:54
Тема : Brexit, It giet oan!
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:2448/44+58e76614
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:292/854+a4073931
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: CP866 ==================================
Ответ: area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:280/5555+58f0be0d
Ward Dossche wrote to Robert Bashe on Sunday April 02 2017 at 20:35:

RB>> The problem with the BREXIT is not only that it cases a shadow on the
RB>> EU as a viable community and may encourage others to follow ...

WD> That is political commentator hogwash written to fill columns.

WD> Only ultra right-wing semi-dictatorships who cannot thrive under a
WD> blanket of multi-nation cooperation and other points on the agenda,
WD> mostly racial bias, might be induced to do something like that.

How about Poland and Hungary? Not to mention Greece? There are quite a number of hotspots in the present EU, and the UK is only one of them.

WD> I see only 2 opprtunities: the Netherlands with Wilders and France
WD> with LePen.

I see the ones I mention above as well.

WD> The result of the Netherlands is clear, it went nowhere and I cannot
WD> even imagine that after the warnings from the Brexit and Trump's
WD> election France will be so dumb to let something similar happen.

Trump isn't in the EU, and as for the present members...you might be surprised to see how "dumb" people can get when they have the feeling that someone else wants to dictate to them.

WD> I rather see the desintegration of the UK. Scotland (with its oil and
WD> gas industry) declaring independance would seriously weaken the UK
WD> economy,

It would, but isn't possible without an all-out war. Legally it's impossible, as Westminister has to approve any further secession vote, and certainly doesn't plan to do that until the BREXIT negotiations are finished, at least that's what Ms. May has said. And sinc a plebiscite in Scotland would toprpedo any negotiation advantage she might have, she'll probably stick to that point.

WD> Heathrow's importance will be scaled-back, maybe Wales will get ideas
WD> to break away from the UK and join the Union. And the people in Ulster
WD> don't want a hard border as there used to be some decades ago ...

Those are about as likely as other EU countries, tired of having their internal affairs dictated by bureaucrats in Brussels, deciding to leave the EU behind them as the UK plans to.

WD> The loser in all this will be the ordinary small people in the UK,
WD> they will suffer.

Don't we always?

Cheers, Bob

--- GoldED+/W32 1.1.5-0613
* Origin: Jabberwocky System - 02363-56073 ISDN/V34 (2:2448/44)