Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 13 Sep 24 12:11:54, всего сообщений: 12549
= Сообщение: 4780 из 12549 ====================================== ENET.SYSOP =
От   : Robert Bashe                     2:2448/44          18 Apr 17 12:20:18
Кому : Michiel van der Vlist                               18 Apr 17 12:20:18
Тема : Brexit, It giet oan!
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:2448/44+58f5eada
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:280/5555+58f50268
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: CP866 ==================================
Ответ: area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:292/854+a1055945
Ответ: area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:280/5003.4+58f61acf
Ответ: area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:280/5555+58f67776
Michiel van der Vlist wrote to Robert Bashe on Monday April 17 2017 at 19:38:

RB>> The interesting thing about this is that when the EU was formed, it
RB>> was agreed that each member would be responsible for it's own economy
RB>> and not receive bailouts from the other members.

MV> It is called developing insight. A change was needed to deal with the
MV> mistake of letting Greece in the Euro.

Naturally without any change in the existing legal structure or treaties. The German population reacts accordingly - and presumably not only the Germans.

How many Dutch people are happy to finance the graft and corruption that brought Greece to the present point? Not many, I would presume.

RB>> The whole Eurozone is in a crisis with no end in sight.

MV> Nonsense. There have been serious problems, but "crisis with no end in
MV> sight" is grosly overdone.

Do you really believe that? Well, there are pessimists and optimists. You see the glass half full, and I see it half empty.

RB>> But except for the AfD, who do you vote for to change that?

MV> Not. I feel no need.

To vote at all? I can understand that. No real alternatives.

RB>> A "grand coalition" is certainly not the answer.

MV> Belief is not fact.

Indeed. That's why I'm so pessimistic.

MV>>> It will happen. There is no other way.

RB>> Belief is not fact.

MV> Disbelief is not fact either.

;-) So let's just wait and see.

MV>>> Nevertheless the US /is/ united. They have a federal government,
MV>>> they have a federal police force, they have a federal army and they
MV>>> have a federal supreme court. And that systems works well.

RB>> And everyone except for minorities speak english and have a common
RB>> heritage. Compare that with Europe.

MV> The vast majority of the present US population stems from European
MV> immigrants. With the same diversity of culture and language as the
MV> Europeans. Yes, almost all of them speak English now. After the
MV> original populatin was almost exterminated. BTW, ,ost Europeans Speak
MV> English also.

You're ranting. I stated the facts above.

RB>> Are you aware that both the Mini and Rolls-Royce (to name two car
RB>> manufacturers in the UK) belong to the German BMW company? And what
RB>> are they supposed to do

MV> Tghe car manufaturers are planning to move their assembly lines away
MV> from the UK. Th Nethelands may benefit. We have a couple of car
MV> assmbly lines not rinnig full capacity right now.

Like the DAF production line? <beg>

MV>>> They think it is in their best interest to no longer be a member.
MV>>> They want to get rid of the duties of membership. Ok... It is not in
MV>>> the interest of the other members to let non members have the
MV>>> benefits of membership, and so they will be revoked. You don't pay
MV>>> the contribution, you don't eat at the club's table. What is wrong
MV>>> with that?

RB>> Absolutely nothing - if you also throw out Sweden Denmark and Greece,
RB>> all of which get "special deals" with the EU.

MV> Agian: None of thsoe have threatened to leave if they did not get
MV> whatthey wanted.

No, they just wouldn't have joined in the first place. But again, wait and see.

RB>> There have been special deals for quite a numbver of countries, not
RB>> only the UK.

MV> But the UK is the only one threatening to leave if they did not get
MV> what they wanted, and eventually execute that threat. THEY left, their
MV> choice. We are not going to kick out others for that.

Only if they want the same kind of deal the UK got.

MV> A divorce opens up old wounds. That is unavoidable. I already
MV> mentioned Gibraltar.

Ancient history. Can you imagine Spain trying to invade Gibralter? I can't.

Cheers, Bob

--- GoldED+/W32 1.1.5-0613
* Origin: Jabberwocky System - 02363-56073 ISDN/V34 (2:2448/44)