Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 20 Sep 24 12:02:56, всего сообщений: 12550
= Сообщение: 6649 из 12550 ====================================== ENET.SYSOP =
От   : Robert Bashe                     2:2448/44          12 Jun 18 07:59:02
Кому : Gerrit Kuehn                                        12 Jun 18 07:59:02
Тема : Fiber connection to every household
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:2448/44+5b1f6140
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:240/12+5a80ab2e
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: CP866 ==================================
Ответ: area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:240/12+5a80ab36
Gerrit Kuehn wrote to Robert Bashe on Monday June 11 2018 at 18:00:

GK>>> The salary is public, not what they exactly do for it, or how
GK>>> justified that is.

RB>> Doesn't the same apply to you?

GK> My salary isn't exactly public, although quite guessable within tight
GK> margins. The results of my work are pretty public, although not on a
GK> day-to-day basis.  But you didn't complain about me earning too much
GK> money for too little work, so why do you ask?

Because I can't look you up and find your salary and responsibilities in the Internet.

GK>>> That's what I said: you're aimlessly bitching around.

RB>> And that bothers you WHY? Are you getting a cut of some bigwig's
RB>> salary to defend him?

GK> No (unfortunately, I might add ;-). However, I think vague bitching
GK> like that fogs the things that need to be addressed.

Really? Then what exactly _would_ be "effective"? I let off steam because I know I have no effect on things. And you would rather be silent? I just can't see that.

GK>>> If I don't like a company, I won't buy their products or services.
GK>>> If I don't like a politician, I won't vote for him/her (and maybe
GK>>> not even for their party).

RB>> That's nice, but provides you with absolutely NO vent for your
RB>> frustration

GK> I'm not that frustrated. If I was, I would probably ask my son if I
GK> could use his punching bag or simply go jogging.

OK, that's you. I'm different.

RB>> - and certainly has absolutely no chance of being adopted by anyone
RB>> else.

GK> Jay, that's something that should change: Stop bitching and start
GK> acting. Find trustworthy people to vote for. Find companies you like
GK> doing buniness with, that sell products and services that don't make
GK> you feel guilty or ripped off after buying.

Rarely seen such naive comments.

RB>> Plenty of people may be against something, but if they keep their
RB>> mouths shut, they might as well not exist.

GK> No-one in here can change the things you complain about so generally.
GK> So stop bitching around and start something constructive. Come up with
GK> alternatives.  Ask for solutions. Make use of the international
GK> community FIDO offers.

"Stop bitching" = keep silent about problems. "Do something constructive" such as? At 76 years of age, with a recently-broken hip, a naturalized citizen - and you expect ME to "do something constructive"?? I'm not Silvio Berlusconi.

That's even more naive than the comments above.

If you have enough energy to damn me for bitching about the powers that be, you have enough to do something yourself.

Cheers, Bob

--- GoldED+/W32 1.1.5-0613
* Origin: Jabberwocky System - 02363-56073 ISDN/V34 (2:2448/44)