Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 20 Sep 24 12:02:56, всего сообщений: 12550
= Сообщение: 6685 из 12550 ====================================== ENET.SYSOP =
От   : Robert Bashe                     2:2448/44          13 Jun 18 11:54:12
Кому : Gerrit Kuehn                                        13 Jun 18 11:54:12
Тема : Fiber connection to every household
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:2448/44+5b20e9d8
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:240/12+5a80ab36
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: CP866 ==================================
Ответ: area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:240/12+5a80ab3e
Gerrit Kuehn wrote to Robert Bashe on Tuesday June 12 2018 at 19:18:

GK>>> My salary isn't exactly public, although quite guessable within
GK>>> tight margins. The results of my work are pretty public, although
GK>>> not on a day-to-day basis.  But you didn't complain about me earning
GK>>> too much money for too little work, so why do you ask?

RB>> Because I can't look you up and find your salary and responsibilities
RB>> in the Internet.

GK> Of course you can (within some margins, as I said). However, I still
GK> don't ses what that has to do with our discussion here.

Look back on what you wrote. My comments were a logical extension.

RB>> Really? Then what exactly _would_ be "effective"? I let off steam
RB>> because I know I have no effect on things. And you would rather be
RB>> silent? I just can't see that.

GK> Take your steam energy and make something productive from it.

Gladly. What would you suggest for a 76-year old naturalized German with a handicap, little energy and no public speaking experience?

GK>>> Jay, that's something that should change: Stop bitching and start
GK>>> acting. Find trustworthy people to vote for. Find companies you like
GK>>> doing buniness with, that sell products and services that don't make
GK>>> you feel guilty or ripped off after buying.

RB>> Rarely seen such naive comments.

GK> Works for me. At least I don't feel the frustration you appear to
GK> have.

Which, I suppose, is the main thing. If you're satisfied - or mainly satisfied - with the status quo, you have no cause to complain. I'm not satisfied, and complain. That doesn't mean I can become the Federal Chancellor tommorow and change everything. So I let off steam. Anything wrong with that? You don't like it, pass it by and go to the next message.

RB>> "Do something constructive" such as? At 76 years of age, with a
RB>> recently-broken hip, a naturalized citizen - and you expect ME to "do
RB>> something constructive"?? I'm not Silvio Berlusconi.

GK> "Running for president" would not be the frist step I'd think about.
GK> ;-)

What would be?

RB>> If you have enough energy to damn me for bitching about the powers
RB>> that be, you have enough to do something yourself.

GK> I don't damn people. You just appear to have plenty of energy for
GK> bitching around. It's tragically wasted, you certainly could make much
GK> more out of it, skilled as you are.

Sure. I could pour gasoline on myself and light a bonfire in the Datteln marketplace. Which would kill me and prove...yeah, just what?

Gerrit, people either bitch to let off steam, or a select few - usually young, with a great deal of energy - go into politics, only to discover that they can't change the world that way either.

Remember the Greens? I do. I remember the internal fights they had, the "realos" and the "fundis", and the people who left the party after the majority had realized that they couldn't change the world. Same with "Die Linke". At some point in time, everyone has to come to terms with the fact that it takes a bloody revolution to really change a society. And bloody revolutions in Europe are not really in sight nowadays.

Cheers, Bob

--- GoldED+/W32 1.1.5-0613
* Origin: Jabberwocky System - 02363-56073 ISDN/V34 (2:2448/44)