Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 20 Sep 24 12:02:56, всего сообщений: 12550
= Сообщение: 6838 из 12550 ====================================== ENET.SYSOP =
От   : Robert Bashe                     2:2448/44          17 Jun 18 11:17:14
Кому : Kees van Eeten                                      17 Jun 18 11:17:14
Тема : Fiber connection to every household
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:2448/44+5b262910
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:280/5003.4+5b253b18
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: CP866 ==================================
Kees van Eeten wrote to Michiel van der Vlist on Saturday June 16 2018 at 18:14:

KE> I have found that with private housing, the houses are built along a
KE> street, that is owned by those who live along the street, or the first
KE> inhabitant, who had built to lead up to his house. Maintenace en
KE> removing snow is up to those who live along the street.

KE> The glasfibre companies supply fibre up to the start of the street and
KE> the last bit is to be supplied by those who want it.

KE> Now if you can arrange that the digging/etc is done for all at once
KE> there are quite some costs to be saved.

KE> So indeed as Bjorn said, this investment adds to the value of his
KE> house.

KE> In our environment, when the main glasfibre trunks are installed it is
KE> most likely that the last mile will be installed into the cubboard
KE> were all emenities end (meterkast) as in general the last mile is only
KE> 10 or 20 meters.

KE> In our village fibre company is prepared to rollout if 35% of the in
KE> people are prepared to subscribe with one of the ISP's the will use
KE> this fibre for their services.

This reminds me a little of the time I moved into my present house and the sidewalk was opened up for new electrical and gas lines (they're buried here). The cable network company offered to install a cable terminal in my basement at no cost and with no obligation. Naturally, I agreed, and as a result we have a cable terminal in the basement - but have never used it, as the prices were always much higher than using a satellite dish or even a terrestrial receiver (for TV) which was popular here for some time, but meanwhile is dying out.

Cheers, Bob

--- GoldED+/W32 1.1.5-0613
* Origin: Jabberwocky System - 02363-56073 ISDN/V34 (2:2448/44)