Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 20 Sep 24 12:02:56, всего сообщений: 12550
= Сообщение: 7200 из 12550 ====================================== ENET.SYSOP =
От   : Robert Bashe                     2:2448/44          04 Aug 18 12:38:42
Кому : Michiel van der Vlist                               04 Aug 18 12:38:42
Тема : Personal announcement
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:2448/44+5b658245
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:280/5555+5b62ec69
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: CP866 ==================================
Ответ: area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:203/2+5b66cd84
Michiel van der Vlist wrote to BjФrn Felten on Thursday August 02 2018 at 13:31:

BF>> When someone as old as 97 passes away, I guess the sorrow is not like
BF>> it is when e.g. someone at 61 (like my Anita) is taken away from you.

MV> Last November my mother died at age 98. Frankly it was a relief. Her
MV> last year was not pleasant. Not for herself and not for those
MV> watching. Totally different indeed from losing a wife that is too
MV> young. As I know from personal experience... :-(

I can understand that. My father died just after his 92nd birthday, and it was a horrible experience for all involved. He had been fairly healthy for many years, but one day collapsed in the shower - an apparent heart attack - and the circulation below his hips and to his legs simply stopped. His feet became gangrenous, and one day (unfortunately very soon) one of his feet began to smell. His house doctor immediately sent him to the hospital, where his leg was amputated. We - the family - saw him once afterward, a horrible experience for all concerned. A  day afterwards, we saw him once again - the last time I saw him, as I was forced to leave the States due to my visa. He died 2 weeks later, an apparent heart attack one day after my birthday.

Have you ever seen your own father crying? I have, and it's not nice.

My mother died around 6 months later, never having been in really good health after falling off her bed in the night twice and breaking her hips twice - the last time causing her unbelieveable pain due to a very poor (but USA-typically expensive) surgical treatment. At the end, she was limping badly, as the legs hadn't been put together properly. Nobody should have to suffer such pain.

And nobody should have to suffer the total GREED!! of the American medical system in both their cases. If anything occurred, the FIRST!! thing to be asked was MONEY! Only after that was settled did the nurse/doctor effusively claim to "like" the patient - what a LIE! - and finally treat the condition.

My advice to anyone in the USA is to be RICH!! or expensively insured in case of any health problems.

Even bandages were NOT!! covered by insurance (my father required frequent bandaging because of the ulcers caused by poor circulation, all "naturally" totally out of pocket). This extreme emphasis on MONEY!! soured me on American health care forever. German health care is better and cheaper - and for that matter, more humane. The first question you are asked is how you feel, NOT!!! how much money you have or where you are insured.

OH, how I HATED! the time I spent with my dying parents in the USA, to see the GREED! of all institutions, doctors, nurses, health care systems!

And I was reminded of an old, but still valid saying I heard in my teens in the USA: "America is a great place to live - if you're young and healthy - or rich." I couldn't agree more.

Cheers, Bob

--- GoldED+/W32 1.1.5-0613
* Origin: Jabberwocky System - 02363-56073 ISDN/V34 (2:2448/44)