Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 31 May 24 21:28:28, всего сообщений: 12505
= Сообщение: 425 из 12505 ======================================= ENET.SYSOP =
От   : Henri Derksen                    2:280/1208         18 Jan 14 06:07:00
Кому : Joe Delahaye                                        18 Jan 14 06:07:00
Тема : Z2 echos.
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:280/1208@FidoNet+0904dc02
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=3352.enetsyso@1:249/303+173be90b
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: CP866 ==================================
Ответ: area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=3381.enetsyso@1:249/303+173fe800
Hello Joe,

HD> And if you think there are more EchoMailArea's, ask your NEC, REC of ZEC.
HD> So no EchoList is needed I think.
HD> FileEchoArea's are another thing.

JD> You will ONLY get what your uplink has available.
JD> In most cases there is much more then that available.

Right.

JD> Your uplink may not know what else there is, not may he care.
JD> If, like me, his areafix is set to NOT forward requests you will also
JD> not get any further.

No, that's why many Nodes have more links,
and with the FidoWeb very many links ;-)

JD> So, I would say, what you describe, would depend on the individual
JD> uplink, and is not common.

Every administrative method is allways incomplete.
So after several tries to connect to many systems and list their echo's,
you could also ask around if there is an EchoMailArea for subject xxx?
If you really want to know what is available in the whole Region, Zone or world, you would need to link to every single FidoNet or AlterNet Node on this planet.
And if you are ready, someone could simply delete the wanted echo,
or create a different one, pure technically speaking.
Off course there is also some politics possible in the way not every node wants to be connectend with every one, or you simply do not get the required
password, or the echo is private to or for a "special" or "selected" group.
So getting a 100% complete list for every one is an utopia.
Then donot try to get that complete, you will fail, and many quirrels about.
So leave EchoLists for what is was, a bad nod needed thing.

Henri.

---
* Origin: Connectivity is the Future; UniCorn BBS 31 26 4425506 (2:280/1208)