Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 20 Sep 24 12:02:56, всего сообщений: 12550
= Сообщение: 6413 из 12550 ====================================== ENET.SYSOP =
От   : Henri Derksen                    2:280/1208         24 May 18 16:02:00
Кому : Ward Dossche                                        24 May 18 16:02:00
Тема : GDPR on May 25th 2018.
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:280/1208@FidoNet+480f08aa
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:292/854+18241744
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: ASCII ==================================
Ответ: area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:292/854+15134f22
Hello Ward,

> Every sysop in the past has requested to be listed in the nodelist,
> otherwise he/she would not be a Fidonet sysop, so the permission of each
> individual sysop in regions within the European Union as well as the EEA
> has already been obtained.

That may be for almost all the items in the NodeList.
But they are not all necessarry for the smooth operation.
The location of the Node is not required anymore,
so it is private information now.
Our NC wants the consent of the sysops for mention this location in the
R28 segment.

> As the Fidonet-organisation is non-commercial and does not compile,
> store nor process sensitive information, the bulk of the GDPR-regulation
> does not apply to us.

Yes.

> I know some of you have already wasted a lot of good breath on this
> subject but after checking with one of the MEPs behind this, also with a
> lawyer and the Belgian Privacy Commission, this really is all which
> needs to be said about GDPR in relation to Fidonet.

> Non-compliance can be punished by law uniquely through a fine which is a
> percentage of the annual turn-over. As Fidonet has no turn-over, the
> discussion would be pretty moot, at least that's how it seems to me.

Our NC sees that different.
He thinks that de location of a node is private information for what the sysop has to be consent for the continuity of that location in the Nodelist. Otherwise he puts something neutral in that NodeList field.
He thinks he is private responsable for that segment by law.
All othter fields are necessarry for the operation of FidoNet.

Henri.

---
* Origin: Connectivity is the Future; UniCorn BBS 31 26 4425506 (2:280/1208)