Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 20 Sep 24 12:02:56, всего сообщений: 12550
= Сообщение: 6698 из 12550 ====================================== ENET.SYSOP =
От   : Henri Derksen                    2:280/1208         13 Jun 18 15:15:00
Кому : Kees van Eeten                                      13 Jun 18 15:15:00
Тема : Fiber connection to every household.
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:280/1208@FidoNet+520b8678
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:280/5003.4+5b1fff35
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: ASCII ==================================
Hello Kees,

KvE> https://www.revieuws.org/internet-service/best-satellite-internet-
KvE> providers/
KvE> http://www.onastra.com/16802073/astra-connect    also in sweden.

KvE> Internet access anywhere
KvE> Always-on two-way satellite connectivity
KvE> Maximum download speed of up to 20 Mbit/s
KvE> Maximum upload speed of up to 2 Mbit/s
KvE> Optional low-cost VoIP calls
KvE> Optional satellite television

This is also used very much at ships, both at sea and on inland waters.
They can not be connectable by fibre optical or copper cable.

The only possible way would be the same as used here in Arnhem with trolley
buses. They use 600 Vdc= with 1000 Adc= when accelerating on a two line copper
cable 4.5 meter above the streets in the whole city even uphill from 5 to 80
meters above sea level! The north of Arnhem.nl is laying in hills and the south
of it is in a low polder Betuwe between the rivers Rhine and Waal.
In both sections of this city trolleybuses are traveling even big ones with 3
axles with moves independently i.e. like a harmonica.
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Breng_5243,_Arnhem_station.jpg
I am not sure if they use that cable for communications too?
Many international travel companies come here to see how this works.

KvE> I would like to have it for my Mobilehome, but I am not prpared to pay
KvE> the price.

The same goes for hobby sailors.
But the professional inland skippers with bigger ships all have it,
and also many expensive yachts for the happy few (big share holders ;-).

KvE> LEOs are nor practicle for this purpose, as your dish will have to
KvE> track the satellite and switch to a different one when the satellite
KvE> goes below the horizon.

That can be done by intelligent hard- and software as used today in domes.
I thougt it costs at least 4000 Euro's to get one,
and then even a high monthly fee for the data transport.
I.e. much higher that ADSL or Fibre prices, especially when you compare that by the given troughput per MegaByte or time period.

Small inland ships use DVB-T1 and/or DVB-T2 DigiTenne for watching tv,
and 3G/4G for mobile InterNet and VoIP.
Only the richer skippers with bigger ships have satelite dishes in domes.
The same goes for passenger ships.

For today my plan was to sail from Delfzijl to Leer via the Ems in Germany,
but at the historical ship of a girlfriend yesterday the engine had stopped
because of dirty fuel problems near Groningen,
so I have to wait until that is repaired to travel by train and foldable
Brompton bike to that ship in Delfzijl ;-(.
When sailing I am AFK (= Away From Keyboard) and do not watch tv or InterNet.

Henri.

---
* Origin: Connectivity is the Future; UniCorn BBS 31 26 4425506 (2:280/1208)