Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 05 Jul 24 12:03:09, всего сообщений: 12525
= Сообщение: 2564 из 12525 ====================================== ENET.SYSOP =
От   : Henri Derksen                    2:280/1208         18 Jul 15 08:46:00
Кому : Benny Pedersen                                      18 Jul 15 08:46:00
Тема : dailylst missing tic files.
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:280/1208@FidoNet+63880519
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:230/0+55a8e409
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: CP866 ==================================
Helly Benny,

> 07 Jun 2015 17:03, Henri Derksen wrote to Benny Pedersen:

HD> Groet van Henri.

BP> i am a dane, not dutch :=)

I know very well.

BP> and my fidonet apps have not yet google translate, hehe

The text you saw was not ment for you.
Sorry, it is a bug in my Point system combination with the editor.
Sometimes it saves someting completely different from another nessage,
and the concept what I wrote was gone. OLE does not work allways correct.
I did not check the outgoing mail before polling, sorry.
The better solution is to write the concept file to disk before putting that into a message for sending. Then OLE canot disturb it.
And second allways check the outgoing messages before sending.
For that case I can filter in the RISC OS !WimpLink Pointpackage on every type of message, status, content, from and to etc.
As I do not use my PointSystem dayly, I sometimes forget that OLE is not allway working right.
Yesterday when I saw the message going out form my UniCorn BBS to my Hub
I was to late to cancel it. We call that Murphy, enough explained I think.

Skipping files at the receiver:
What I originally wanted to tell you is that the receiving ystem who is
skipping the incoming files is the source of the problem.
Not the sender, who has done what (s)he must do.
The sender offers a file, and when the receiver says: "no thank you",
it is ok for the transmitter. You had the "chance" to accept it,
but your system regretted it. So the sender sees that as:
"ok that's your choice", I have done what I can.
Off course the sender is deleting the sended and/or skipped files then.
Good luck in finding the source of the reason for skipping.

I had the same problem last year with an UpLink, my Hub.
Then we remarked it was the error of a receiving script.
It tought my files were zero length, but I prooved they were not zero.
The receiver skipped my mailbundle, and my system deleted them as being send.
Especially it did only happen when the uplink polled my UniCorn BBS.
When I polled out to my UpLink it went ok.
The difference was the use of a receiving script at the side of the Hub.
This is a way of loosing mail a long time before one sees what realy happens.
The sender thinks it was sended, and the receiver says: I did not get the file.
Then the receiving hub changed his script, and since then it was/is working
right again ;-).
So my tip: tackle your receiving scripts and/or passwords.

It is a pity my original message was gone,
but I have corrected it now by this explanation.

Greetings from Henri.

---
* Origin: Connectivity is the Future; UniCorn BBS 31 26 4425506 (2:280/1208)