Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 05 Jul 24 12:03:09, всего сообщений: 12525
= Сообщение: 2588 из 12525 ====================================== ENET.SYSOP =
От   : Henri Derksen                    2:280/1208         24 Jul 15 08:44:00
Кому : Benny Pedersen                                      24 Jul 15 08:44:00
Тема : Skipping files is refusing!, Was: 5020/848.
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:280/1208@FidoNet+66885256
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:230/0+55b0ef63
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: CP866 ==================================
Hello Benny,

HD> YOU are skipping, and Ward did a excellent job.

BP> he delete based on skipping, well done

Of course.
Your system refuses the file by saying "Skip" to Ward,
So if you say "no thank you", why should Ward keep it on his system?
Should he keep it to infinite retry and you on every occasion skipping it?
That's contra productive.
If you accept the file, and during transmission something goes wrong,
then of course it is kept intact until it is fully transmitted.
But if you explicitely refuse the file by skipping,
than Ward has done his duty, period.
In this case the receiver is the problem not the sender.

BP> normaly if would be keept in remote queue until sent in not skipping,

No, not when a receiver skips (i.e. refuses) a file.

BP> his bso mailer does not handle skipping very well,

His mailer acts as it should at this point of skipping.
Note skipping is REFUSING, not a transmission error.

BP> if its just that lets see if kees does it better

I assume that most systems will remove outgoing files,
if the receiver explicitely refuses the receipt by skipping.
My old FrontDoor 2.02nc does the same, when Kees skipped my mail.
His system thought is were emty files, but they were not.
After that discussion, he changed his receiving scripts.
And since then mail is not lost anymore.
So take a look at YOUR receiving scripts.
I also assume that the *.tic files were not emty.
Skipping emty files seems to be justified.
May be your systeems sees that *.tic files as too small, i.e. emty.
Try accepting emty files, may be it will arrive normally in stead of skipping.
Good luck.

Henri.

---
* Origin: Connectivity is the Future; UniCorn BBS 31 26 4425506 (2:280/1208)