Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 13 Sep 24 12:11:54, всего сообщений: 12549
= Сообщение: 4148 из 12549 ====================================== ENET.SYSOP =
От   : Henri Derksen                    2:280/1208.1       24 Jul 16 21:03:12
Кому : David Rance                                         24 Jul 16 21:03:12
Тема : Re: Brexit
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:280/1208.1+693463f3
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:203/2+578a0596
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: CP866 ==================================
Ответ: area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:203/2+5795d100
Hello David and others,

Sat. 16 Jul 2016, 11:59:52, David Rance wrote to Henri Derksen:

HD> One of the problems is that in England everyone can get work paid black,
HD> because it is not necessary to show your pasport to your employer.

DR> Not everyone in the UK has a passport.

Neither do we have here, an IDCard will also do for Europe only.
Since the IDCard is free of fingerprints, but the passport still needs them,
I have choosen for the IDCard, the same as Michiel.

DR> My French neighbours came to visit us in the UK and all they had to do
DR> was to show their ID card at passport control. (Of course, that may
DR> change as a result of Brexit but I don't know. There are lots of
DR> rumours flying around.)

That should be no problem, as with an IDCard you can travel to almost every
country in Europe, even if it is not in Shengen and does not use the Euro for
payment.

DR> The illegal immigrants don't have an NI number but they can still get
DR> work by being employed by "taskmasters" or "gangmasters" who don't
DR> report anything illegal to the authorities. And so they pay the
DR> immigrants very little and can get away with it. The immigrants are
DR> hired in gangs, housed (usually) in appalling conditions and taken by
DR> bus to a place of work. Usually this work is on farms gathering
DR> vegetables and fruit.

Here this happened too, but luckily all kind of employers and jobs are
controlled.
If the police, or the social insurance, or tax instance is comming to control,
every one has to show his/her ID, and the payrol administration will be
looked at. If there are illegal people the employer gets a fine, and the
illegals are locked up in jail and/or sent back to their home country.
So now it is getting hardly impossable to get work when you are illegal here.
Even the refugees may not work until they have a licence to do so.
In the mean time they are pushed to learn the local language, i.e. Dutch.
You even have to pass a local exam in it.

Greetings from Henri.

--- WimpLink 1.05p
* Origin: Take it or Leave it, UniCorn BBS, 026-4425506 (2:280/1208.1)