Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 21 Jun 24 12:05:17, всего сообщений: 12518
= Сообщение: 476 из 12518 ======================================= ENET.SYSOP =
От   : Kees van Eeten                   2:280/5003.4       23 Jan 14 12:26:58
Кому : Ulrich Schroeter                                    23 Jan 14 12:26:58
Тема : Notice to RCs
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:280/5003.4+52e10745
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:240/1120@fidonet+52e06c7b
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: LATIN-1 ================================
Hello Ulrich!

23 Jan 14 01:02, you wrote to Ward Dossche:

US> a detailed instruction kit will be helpful   .-)

US> in the meantime I've lost the path, for what the changes are
US> and how it works   -:O

 In all zones it is preferred to use -Unpublished- in stead of a fake
 telephone number. The old makenl did not allow -Unpublished- without
 a Pvt flag. So IP only Region, Host and Hub nodes could not use -Unpublished-
 and normal IP only nodes had to be listed as Pvt.

 Some software applied the, do not call a Pvt pots node, to IP only nodes
 listed as Pvt.

 The misuse of fake phone numbers and the forced use of Pvt for IP only
 nodes should now become a thing of the past.

US> eg general rule:
US>   please check each nodelist line with phone 000-000-000-000 in the line
US>   if you can convert to   ....,-Unpublished-,...

 Correct.

US> or ... please check for nodelist lines still added into a net segment,
US> if
US> it now qualifies for a RIA with unpublished ... or whatever rules that may
US> apply ....

 Remove Pvt for every node that supports an IP transport protocol and
 shows a valid IP network address.

 The rules for Pvt remain as they were for nodes that do not publish a
 phone number or IP network address.

 Just for completeness, with network address I mean a fully qualified domain
 host name or a routable IP address.

 IP transports are ITN, IFC, IBN.

 If you use errorflags for a final check on your nodelist segment, it will
 barf. Ward uses a modified version, with the test on Unpublished disabled.

 If you are desparate and want to use Errorflags, ask Ward to make it available, it is not fit for distribution as the modification was done
 as a quick hack and compiled with Free Pascal. The latter makes the
 executable rather bulky.

 For those running Linux, Free Pascal is also available for that platform.

 I expect that a ZC will decide when a fake phone number will no longer be
 acceptable for hers/his nodelist segment.

 The removal of the Pvt tag will certainly be requested by the
 so listed IP only nodes they have been waiting for over 10 years.

 For the official wording, I suggest you to consult the document Michiel
 has indicated, and that has been adapted to these changes.

Kees

--- FPD v2.9.040207  GoldED+/LNX 1.1.5
* Origin: As for me, all I know is that, I know nothing. (2:280/5003.4)