Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 13 Sep 24 12:11:54, всего сообщений: 12549
= Сообщение: 1057 из 12549 ====================================== ENET.SYSOP =
От   : Kees van Eeten                   2:280/5003.4       19 Aug 14 19:26:46
Кому : Michiel van der Vlist                               19 Aug 14 19:26:46
Тема : Message from Ward:
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:280/5003.4+53f38f00
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:280/5555+53f353dd
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: LATIN-1 ================================
Ответ: area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:280/5555+53f3b76e
Hello Michiel!

19 Aug 14 15:20, you wrote to me:

MvdV> No, I am just one of the 18 Z2 RC's. Which is a lot closer to second in
MvdV> command than Janis, who has NO say whatsoever in Z2 affairs.

 ZC1 is yust the messenger.

MvdV> Because of the way the nodelist is collated, it is important to inform
MvdV> the RC's.

 The RC's send updates, to be incorporated in de zonelist. In many cases that
 is not a weekly procedure, so no point is made of not informing the next
 processor that no update will be available.

 The zonelist is generated anyway.

 The sending of zone updates to the other zc's is a strict weekly process.
 So when no update will be avalable the others who process this list are
 informed.

MvdV> No, it is not. I just happened to stumble on Janis' message in the
MvdV> Fidonews echo. Hardly an effective way to inform the Z2 RC's. I suspect
MvdV> few of then read it. An effective way to inform the Z2 RC's is a message
MvdV> in ENET.SYSOP and/or REGCON.EUR. Netmailing/e-mailing one active Z2 RC
MvdV> would accomplish that effectively.

 May I suggest that you ask Ward why he acted like he did, when he returns,
 I can only guess.

MvdV> Oh, well, if we want efficiency, we should all dump Fidonet and move
MvdV> to facebook...

 Many have done so. ;(

MvdV>>> A choice he made when he left his home...

KE>>  If one travels light,

MvdV> He is accompanied by his daughter and grandaughter. Not what I call
MvdV> travelling light...

 They joined him at a later date and of no consequence how he travels.

KE>>  one cannot take precaustions for all possible circumstances.

MvdV> It isn't the first time that Ward's system goes down during his summer
MvdV> leave. It happening again it not on the bottom of a long list of all
MvdV> foreseeable circumstances.

 Yes, and Fidonet did not come to a halt.

MvdV>>> He wrote down or memorised Janis' address...
KE>>  He had contact with Janis on his previous trip.
MvdV> He had contact with me on previous trips...

 E-mail or netmail?

 Janis's address is readily available at the filegate website, where can I
 find yours?

MvdV>>> Welcome to Fidonet.

KE>>  In case of a contest, you could be the newcomer. ;)

MvdV> Granted, you have ancienity over me.

 ;)

Kees

--- FPD v2.9.040207  GoldED+/LNX 1.1.5
* Origin: As for me, all I know is that, I know nothing. (2:280/5003.4)