Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 13 Sep 24 12:11:54, всего сообщений: 12549
= Сообщение: 4006 из 12549 ====================================== ENET.SYSOP =
От   : Kees van Eeten                   2:280/5003.4       05 Jul 16 11:05:54
Кому : Michiel van der Vlist                               05 Jul 16 11:05:54
Тема : Dried up
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:280/5003.4+577b811c
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:280/5555+577ae671
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: LATIN-1 ================================
Ответ: area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:280/5555+5783fdfb
Hello Michiel!

05 Jul 16 00:27, you wrote to me:

KE>>  There won't be a Brexit, the referendum should never have made it.

MvdV> But it did..

 Yes, so now the politicians are in damage control mode. First to the damage
 within their own parties.

MvdV> As I said, the rats are leaving the sinking ship...

 What else can they do, they used arguments that prooved to be false and the
 swept everything, that could turn out badly, under the carpet.

MvdV> But how can they explain that to those who voted in favour of leave?
MvdV> There will be a revolt if they do not get what was promised.

 There are as many who voted to stay. If the Brexit continues, there will
 as many who will revolt.

MvdV> That will lead to revolt. The referendum should never have been held,
MvdV> but now that it is done, one can not just ignore it because it is not
MvdV> the result that the powers that be had wanted it to be.

 One way or the other, half the voters, will be dissatisfied. There seems to be
 a clear difference in the demographics of those in favour and those against.
 The UK will have to look at what is bests for its future. To their detriment
 a part of the younger generation did not care to vote and of the older
 generation many voted out of nostalgia for a future they will not be part of.

KE>>  Something as far reaching as Brexit will not be, just done, to save
KE>> face.

MvdV> It is a lose-lose situation. Even if they find a way to backpaddle, the
MvdV> British still ahve lost face in the eyes if the rest of the world.

 Gambling is always risky and often leads to loss of honor, if not more.

KE>>  Just my thoughts, but I am neither Brittish nor do I live there.

MvdV> Same here. I have enjoyed my stays in the UK though. And I do not regret
MvdV> making a small detour now already another decade ago to shake hands with
MvdV> David Rance.

 There is nothing wrong with the Country and the real grass always looks
 greener. Above that many of the people living there a very nice.

Kees

--- GoldED+/LNX 1.1.5
* Origin: As for me, all I know is that, I know nothing. (2:280/5003.4)