Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 20 Sep 24 12:02:56, всего сообщений: 12550
= Сообщение: 6887 из 12550 ====================================== ENET.SYSOP =
От   : Kees van Eeten                   2:280/5003.4       19 Jun 18 12:49:08
Кому : Ward Dossche                                        19 Jun 18 12:49:08
Тема : The Danish loop
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:280/5003.4+5b28e91e
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:292/854+0a263124
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: LATIN1 =================================
Ответ: area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:292/854+0e3c255e
Hello Ward!

19 Jun 18 09:37, you wrote to me:

WD> I can understand that. However ... how come when Benny's nodenumber is in
WD> the seen-by of the TIC-files your system still sends it to him?

 In princile, my distribution of nodelists is equal to yours. When a node
 disconnects from your system and not from mine, nodelists will be forwarded
 to those systems. On his old system Benny disconnected from your list as
 apparently he had some issues that did not show when files were forwarded
 by me.

 When Benny's system was down nodelist for his system remained in the queue.
 In general when file or echo distributions cannot be delivered are are
 not picked up for some time, I remove the queued files and remove the node
 from the distribution list. When nodes are up again they are free to
 reconnect.

 Apparently Benny has reconnected to your system, but not to mine, so I am
 completely out of the loop.

WD> Do you have a private distribution of the shadow-nodelist? Or is it a
WD> software hick-up?

 No, the distribution of the shadow-nodelist is switched off and can only
 be switched on manually. Only if you know how, the shadow-nodelist are
 available by file request. It has never been used, and I have not checked
 the functionallity.

Kv>> You have upgraded your system in the meantime, and I doubt that you
Kv>> or
Kv>> I have logfiles from that period.

WD> That upgrade (new MB, new processor, new memory, 2xSSD) occured close to 2
WD> years ago.

WD> Binkd logs are recycled after a year .. no use in keeping them.

 I think my files are removed after 4 weeks.

Kv>> What I do notice, that current versions of Binkd send files first and
Kv>> tick
Kv>> files at the end of a session. I do not know if that has always been
Kv>> the case, but I am happy the way it is now.

WD> I would say that has nothing to do with it and files are sent as they are
WD> being presented...

 Probably in the order they are put in the flo file.

 Anyway, if Benny wants to receive nodelist via my system, he has to connect
 here and disconnect from your system. I see no reason why he should.

Kees

--- GoldED+/LNX 1.1.5
* Origin: As for me, all I know is that, I know nothing. (2:280/5003.4)