Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 13 Sep 24 12:11:54, всего сообщений: 12549
= Сообщение: 3929 из 12549 ====================================== ENET.SYSOP =
От   : Michiel van der Vlist            2:280/5555         26 Jun 16 16:00:00
Кому : David Rance                                         26 Jun 16 16:00:00
Тема : Brexit
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:280/5555+576fdfe6
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:203/2+576f922e
Hello David,

On Sunday June 26 2016 10:28, you wrote to me:

MvdV>> Officially they are not out yet, but for all intents and
MvdV>> purposes they are. They can call for another referendum but
MvdV>> even if they succeed in getting it, nothing will come of it.

DR> No, you are completely wrong. Nothing has happened yet

As the late Roy Witt used to say: "Denial is not a river in Egypt".

DR> and will not until the next prime minister decides to invoke Article
DR> 50 of the Treaty of Lisbon.

That may be the official POV from your side of the channel. But a lot has happened and is happening this side of the channel. Politicians from the remaining 27 mambers are gathering and talking about how to continue. Without the UK.

Politicians here are now openly saying what they may be only thought until Friday. They say that the UK was never more than half in anyweay and that they were only in it for the money. Whetever love their was between the UK and the EU, it is gone.

DR> As it'll take another three months to select a new
DR> leader of the Conservatives, and thus prime minister, then nothing
DR> will happen until at least September/October.

You forget that the UK is not in control of what happens this side of the channel. Juncker has already said, that he will not accept the UK playing any more games. He wants the divorce process to start ASAP. And so say others.

If the UK does not cooperate in a quick and clean divorce, the rest of the EU will go on without the UK. One way or another.

DR> I haven't heard about the petition but I did hear something alarming
DR> about Boris Johnson this morning. It seems that he never really
DR> intended that Britain should leave.

Then he should have said so /before/ the people went to the voting booth. As it is, it will land here as "So this talk about leaving was just a weapon to wriggele even more money out of the other 27 member states".