Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 13 Sep 24 12:11:54, всего сообщений: 12549
= Сообщение: 3943 из 12549 ====================================== ENET.SYSOP =
От   : Michiel van der Vlist            2:280/5555         27 Jun 16 18:17:49
Кому : Ward Dossche                                        27 Jun 16 18:17:49
Тема : Brexit
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:280/5555+57715353
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:292/854.1+a4033472
Ответ: area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:292/854.1+a4048639
Hello Ward,

On Monday June 27 2016 09:18, you wrote to me:

Mv>> Nevertheless, next wednesday the leaders of he 27 remaining
Mv>> countries will meet. For the first time WITHOUT the UK.

WD> The UK, and until something happens on their initiative, is still a
WD> fully fledged member of the EU. Nothing has changed there.

On paper. Yes. It is obvious that you have never been in a divorce. I have and I know that there is a difference between the purely legal status and the actual status. There comes a time when you know that the marriage is over. The damage tha is done, is too much to repair. Legally one may still be married, but the love is gone and you know it is over.

Yesterday the "Sherpas" (advisors) of the member states met in Brussels. Th UK sherpa was not invited and not present.

Next Wednesday the 27 prime minsters will meet without Cameron.

WD> During the meeting of the heads of governments, the UK ambassador to
WD> Belgium will attend because Cameron resigned.

Cameron is still the fully fledged PM of the UK. He has announced his resignation but he has not actually resigned yet. He said he would remain in office until a hios party has appointed a successor.

WD> In all other councils of ministers [fisheries, aggriculture,
WD> environment, ...] the regular UK minister will still attend.

I would not be so sure.

Mv>> The idea that the whole thing can still blow over is wishfull
Mv>> thinking.

WD> Most likely that is exactly what will happen. Blow over I mean.

I find that extremely unlikely. The brexiteers will go for the hide of whoever succeeds Cameron if he/she does not see it through.

Even in the very unlikely event that the UK remains a member, it will not "blow over". It will never be the same again. Too much damage that can not be repaired. It will not be "bussines as usual".