Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 13 Sep 24 12:11:54, всего сообщений: 12549
= Сообщение: 3947 из 12549 ====================================== ENET.SYSOP =
От   : Michiel van der Vlist            2:280/5555         28 Jun 16 00:57:36
Кому : Ward Dossche                                        28 Jun 16 00:57:36
Тема : Brexit
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:280/5555+5771af61
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:292/854.1+a4048639
Ответ: area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:292/854.1+a4068652
Hello Ward,

On Monday June 27 2016 13:30, you wrote to me:

Mv>> I find that extremely unlikely. The brexiteers will go for the hide
Mv>> of whoever succeeds Cameron if he/she does not see it through.

WD> It is in the meantime understood the Brexiters are a minority

Really? It is my understanding that last Thursday there was a "poll" and it showed the brexiteers to have a 51.9% majority. That poll is the one that counts.

WD> and the outcome of the referendum is what it was because too many
WD> people didn't take it serious.

Although in none of the interviews I watched, I heard anyone say (s)he regretted voting for leave, it may very well be that some people regret the way they voted. That does not change the fact that 51.9% voted for leave. And that is what counts. There is no morning after pill vor voters.

WD> I compare it to a night on the town and in the morning waking up with
WD> a woman next to you in bed whom you do not know.

I wouldn't know how that is, I have never been in that situation.

Mv>> Even in the very unlikely event that the UK remains a member,

Today David Cameron confirmed in parliament that although it was not the outcome he wanted, the people have spoken and their will must be respected. I do not know where you get your information from, but on the channels I watch, nobody has advocated that the referendum should be ignored and that the UK should remain in the EU. Although the confusion is enormous and there seems to be no "plan B", /everyone/ is moving towards a brexit. Something has been set in motion that can not be stopped. It is not a train, because trains run on tracks and although one often does not know when they arrive, you know where they are going. This is not a train, not only do we not know when it will arrive, we don't even know where it is going, but whatever it is, it is moving and it can not be stopped.

Mv>> it will not "blow over". It will never be the same again. Too much
Mv>> damage that can not be repaired. It will not be "bussines as usual".

WD> That is certainly true, it will be another UK ... possibly now one
WD> without Scotland.

And another couple of decades of "troubles" in Northern Ireland. It may be "little England" instead of "Great Britain" in five years.

It will be interesting to watch...