Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 13 Sep 24 12:11:54, всего сообщений: 12549
= Сообщение: 3952 из 12549 ====================================== ENET.SYSOP =
От   : Michiel van der Vlist            2:280/5555         28 Jun 16 13:36:35
Кому : Ward Dossche                                        28 Jun 16 13:36:35
Тема : Brexit
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:280/5555+57726472
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:292/854.1+a4068652
Ответ: area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:292/854.1+a4047633
Hello Ward,

On Monday June 27 2016 19:04, you wrote to me:

WD> 51,9% as to what voter-eligibility?

Mv>> Today David Cameron confirmed in parliament that although it was
Mv>> not the outcome he wanted, the people have spoken and their will
Mv>> must be respected. I do not know where you get your information
Mv>> from, but on the channels I watch, nobody has advocated that the
Mv>> referendum should be ignored and that the UK should remain in the
Mv>> EU.

WD> As with many things, one reads what one wants to read. I seem to have
WD> read about an online petition with over one million names in less than
WD> 24 hours,

I read about that too. Problem with on-line petitions is that it is difficult to verify if those votes come from ligitimate voters.

WD>  and anotherone with over 100,000 names, the required legal minumum to
WD> petition the government for another poll. And that petition supposedly
WD> is binding.

But Cameron is not going to do it. Now what?

Mv>> It will be interesting to watch...

WD> However, there is no official request from the UK to invoke Art.50 of
WD> the Lisbon Treaty.

WD> By resigning, Cameron has invalidated himself as the one doing the
WD> invoking as he will only be able to deal with daily ongoing affairs.

Just as /officially/ the UK has not initiated a brexit, /officially/ Cameron has not resigned yet. Of course de facto he is what we call "demissionair". I do not know the English word for it. I don't know if there /is/ a word for it.

WD> A new prime minister will need to step in his footsteps, maybe even a
WD> new government after elections.

Possibly.

WD> Not resigned yet? He's not going to act.

If the UK does not act, then others will act for them. One way or another. Merkel/JUnker/Hollande are willing to give them some time top get their act together, but not forever. And if the politicians won't move, then the money will. The investers don't lie a brexit, but what they like even less is uncertainty. The banks are already preparing tol leave Lonodon. The rats are leaving the sinling ship. The UK politicians may believe dragging their feet is to their advantage, but they are wrong. The longer they wait, the worse their position will be.

WD> There is no saying with certainty what will happen. Either way.

The UK will loose, that is for certain. The EU... I see positive aspects as well. They have the opportunity to get rid of a member whose heart and mind was never in it anyway. Then the rest can move on to from a closer union. mayeb with less than 27.

I dsee no possibility for the brexit to be cancelled. The marriage has gone sour, they will not sleep in the same bed again.