Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 13 Sep 24 12:11:54, всего сообщений: 12549
= Сообщение: 3954 из 12549 ====================================== ENET.SYSOP =
От   : Michiel van der Vlist            2:280/5555         28 Jun 16 13:52:32
Кому : Robert Bashe                                        28 Jun 16 13:52:32
Тема : Brexit
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:280/5555+57726919
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:2448/44+57720af2
Ответ: area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:2448/44+57728497
Hello Bob,

On Tuesday June 28 2016 07:17, you wrote to Ward Dossche:

RB> What's now happening is a revenge campaign, particularly in Germany
RB> and EU allies, to "punish" the UK for it's "unacceptible" behavior.

That is not what Juncker/Merkel/Hollande say. They do not want revenge, but they do want a swift divorce.

RB> I figure that will backfire and bolster the position of those who
RB> voted to leave.

What I think is that it will backfire on the UK if it starts dragging its feet.

RB> As for the "demands" of the German-led EU on the UK that Article 50 be
RB> "immediately" invoked: the EU, and in particularly Germany, can stand
RB> on it's collective head. And the UK can collectively ignore that with
RB> impunity.

If the UK refuses to cooperate in a clean and swift divorce, the 27 will find ways to "entice" the UK to cooperate anyway. And if the politicians won't move, the money will...

RB> It is a great mistake to attack the UK at this point for the expressed
RB> will of it's people, rather than extend an olive branch and try to
RB> calm things down.

The UK has overplayed its hand. Do not forget that they have been denmanding exceptionss and special conditions for decades. They do not want the Euro, they do not want Schengen, they do not want an EU army and Europol. The list of what they do not want is long. They were only half way in anyway. Or always half way out, depending on from what side yoiu look at it. People are now startingto say what unti now they onlt thought: The UK was never a loyal member. They were only in it for the money...

The UK will not be punished by the EU. The UK is already doing that herself. But Merkel has made it clear that the UK will not be allowed to have only the benefits and not the liabilities of membership. She will not be punished, but she will loose the priviliges. (Which if I may say so, she should never have had in the first place).

RB> All that will do is exacerbate an already highly emotional situation
RB> and speed the disintegration of the EU

The EU will survive. One way or another.

RB> in other countries if the lessons taught by the GB referendum continue
RB> to be ignored in Brussels and Berlin.

On the contrary. If the others see the consequences of a Brexit, they will think twice before following the UK's example.