Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 13 Sep 24 12:11:54, всего сообщений: 12549
= Сообщение: 4233 из 12549 ====================================== ENET.SYSOP =
От   : Michiel van der Vlist            2:280/5555         17 Sep 16 15:27:27
Кому : Ward Dossche                                        17 Sep 16 15:27:27
Тема : Brexit
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:280/5555+57dd4a23
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:292/854+a4047284
Ответ: area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:292/854+a4062728
Hello Ward,

Mv>> The UK may not be in a hurry, but the rest of the EU takes the
Mv>> position that thay want it over and done with ASAP. Delays cause
Mv>> uncertainty and uncertainty is bad for the economy. Delay tactics
Mv>> will degrade the negotiation position of the UK.

WD> I do concur that without the UK suddenly age-old "impossible" issues
WD> will now become possible, for example a European defense-strategy
WD> which was blocked by the UK.

The UK has already announced that they will continue to block it as long as they are a full EU member. Not very smart IMNSHO, as such a veto will only delay the inevitable. It will cost them goodwill and weaken their position at the negotiation table.

It is not the only issue in which the UK has been the jammer. Taking measures against Cina dumping steel comes to mind.

WD> An interesting afterthought, a Brexit is not so advantageous to the
WD> USA either ... they lost their front seat.

It is no secret that the US was opposed to the Brexit. Any front seat they hve, will now be on the woring side of the EU border. And a border it will be. Plans are already drawn for UK citizens needing a visum for the EU...

Mv>> What happened yesterday, will happen more often. The UK will not
Mv>> be invited any more unless it can not be avoided.

WD> They were not not invited, Theresa May decided not to go. Good call.

In an "exit situation" it is not uncoming for paries to present different representations of the reality. If a CEO leaves a company, the leaver wiil say. it was time to move on and face new challenges. The company will say he was kicked out.

Not invited, or decided not to go. The bottom line is that the EU met without the UK. It will happen more often in the coming years.

Mv>> If they want a good deal, they better start negotiating ASAP.

WD> They eventually will get the same status as Norway and Iceland.

I wonder. The UK has not yet come to terms with the reality that they no longer rule  the waves. As a result they have always overasked in the negotiations with the EU and they will continue to do so in the Brexit negatiations. Up until two month ago, the EU wanted to keep them in, and so the UK had something to negotiate. But now hat they have played that card, they will have to offer a lot more than "if we don't get what we want we will leave".

I would not be surprised if they eventually get a lesser deal than Nowway.