Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 13 Sep 24 12:11:54, всего сообщений: 12549
= Сообщение: 4696 из 12549 ====================================== ENET.SYSOP =
От   : Michiel van der Vlist            2:280/5555         03 Apr 17 11:57:14
Кому : Robert Bashe                                        03 Apr 17 11:57:14
Тема : Brexit, It giet oan!
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:280/5555+58e21c7b
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:2448/44+58e0c41d
Ответ: area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:292/854+a4044863
Ответ: area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:2448/44+58e76c02
Hello Robert,

On Sunday April 02 2017 11:14, you wrote to me:

MV>> Under those circumstances, Brexit is better for all but especially
MV>> for the EU. Now the EU can move on without the UK keeping their
MV>> foot on the brakes.

RB> So when does the "NLEXIT" come? ;-)

When Nordrhein-Westfalen exits from the Budesrepubliek Deutschland..

RB> The problem with the BREXIT is not only that it cases a shadow on the
RB> EU as a viable community and may encourage others to follow, but that
RB> the UK is - I seem to have read - the third largest economy in the EU,
RB> and will be missed - if for nothing else - for financial reasons.

Yes, it will be missed. For a while. And then we will move on. The EU will survive without the UK and I do not believe it will encourage others to follow. They will think twice before they give up the benefits of membership.

RB> That means, presumably, that countries like Germany and the
RB> Netherlands will have to pay more into the EU pot if the organization
RB> is to continue as it has been over the past years.

Yes we will have to pay more. We will survive and in the long run the EU may be better off without having to drag the UK along by their feet.

RB> We already had enough crises - just think of the Greeks and the
RB> migrant crisis,

We survived.

RB> with the involvement of Turkey, a country that may well become a
RB> personal dictatorship after April 16th.

A distinct possibility and if that happens. I hope it will give the leaders of Europe enough balls to tell Turkey in no uncertain terms that EU membership for Turkey is off the agenda. For now, for next year, for the next ten years, for the next 50 years.

RB> The interest rates are already at 0%, which is hurting a lot of
RB> people, not the least you and me - whereas our German inflation rates
RB> are already above the 2% leven formerly considered "normal". That
RB> spells a housing "bubble" in Germany that is already causing
RB> disruptions and can break at any time, giving Germany the prospect of
RB> a growth and employment problem.

All serious problems, but "remain" would not have solved them.

RB> And Germany, like it or not, is presently the country with
RB> the major influence in the EU.

Germany was already that before the Brexit and "remain" would not have changed that.

RB> I would have preferred that the UK stick it out - AND - remain the
RB> "naysayer".

About a year ago, when it was decided there would be a referendum, I already wrote "if they want to go, let them go". The UK had never been a loyal member of the club. Always wanting the benefits but not the liabilities. So, now that they HAVE decided they will go, I say again: "let them go". I see a future for the EU without the UK. Now we can move on.

RB> What we have to look forward to is certainly not pleasant, but I hope
RB> it won't be as bad as some people fear.

It will be bad for the people of the UK, I do not envy them. But for the EU, I am optimistic. I see problems, but I also see opportunities.