Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 13 Sep 24 12:11:54, всего сообщений: 12549
= Сообщение: 4742 из 12549 ====================================== ENET.SYSOP =
От   : Michiel van der Vlist            2:280/5555         14 Apr 17 13:59:43
Кому : Robert Bashe                                        14 Apr 17 13:59:43
Тема : Brexit, It giet oan!
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:280/5555+58f0be0d
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:2448/44+58e76614
Ответ: area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:2448/44+58f34245
Hello Robert,

On Friday April 07 2017 11:57, you wrote to Ward Dossche:

WD>> I rather see the desintegration of the UK. Scotland (with its oil
WD>> and gas industry) declaring independance would seriously weaken
WD>> the UK economy,

RB> It would, but isn't possible without an all-out war. Legally it's
RB> impossible, as Westminister has to approve any further secession vote,
RB> and certainly doesn't plan to do that until the BREXIT negotiations
RB> are finished, at least that's what Ms. May has said. And sinc a
RB> plebiscite in Scotland would toprpedo any negotiation advantage she
RB> might have, she'll probably stick to that point.

That may be the point of Ms May, but she is not the only party concerned. If Scotland really wants out of the UK, than that is what will happen, one way or another. The legal requirement of needing formal approval from Westminster will not stop it. It never does. The King of England refusing his fiat to the independence of what is now the US did not stop the declaration of independance either.

If Scotland - or Wales or Ulster - really wants out of the UK, then that is what will happen, wether Ms May likes it or not. I doubt she will go for an all out war. It would be much easier to just let them go. But if not, we will see the Scots fighting a guarilla war on their own territory. Which as we all know, can not be won. So in the and, maybe decades later, Scotland will be independent anyway. With both countries in ruins. Better just let them go if that is what they really want.

WD>> Heathrow's importance will be scaled-back, maybe Wales will get
WD>> ideas to break away from the UK and join the Union. And the people
WD>> in Ulster don't want a hard border as there used to be some
WD>> decades ago ...

RB> Those are about as likely as other EU countries, tired of having their
RB> internal affairs dictated by bureaucrats in Brussels, deciding to
RB> leave the EU behind them as the UK plans to.

So why is Texas still part of the US? They are a net contributor aren't they?. Why do'n't the people in Texas get tired of Washington neddling in their interbal affairs.

Why does Silicon Valley not step out of California? Thety are net contributors to the almost bankruopt state of California are they?

WD>> The loser in all this will be the ordinary small people in the UK,
WD>> they will suffer.

RB> Don't we always?

"we"? Since when are "we" the small people in the UK?