Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 13 Sep 24 12:11:54, всего сообщений: 12549
= Сообщение: 4794 из 12549 ====================================== ENET.SYSOP =
От   : Michiel van der Vlist            2:280/5555         18 Apr 17 22:10:12
Кому : Robert Bashe                                        18 Apr 17 22:10:12
Тема : Brexit, It giet oan!
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:280/5555+58f67776
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:2448/44+58f5eada
Ответ: area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:292/854+a4001504
Ответ: area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:203/2+58f771ac
Ответ: area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:2448/44+58f714d6
Hello Robert,

On Tuesday April 18 2017 12:20, you wrote to me:

MV>> It is called developing insight. A change was needed to deal with
MV>> the mistake of letting Greece in the Euro.

RB> Naturally without any change in the existing legal structure or
RB> treaties.

When the ship is on imminent collision course with an iceberg, you don't take it to a vote, you order a change of course immidiately.

RB> The German population reacts accordingly - and presumably not only the
RB> Germans.

RB> How many Dutch people are happy to finance the graft and corruption
RB> that brought Greece to the present point? Not many, I would presume.

Few were happy about it, but most realised that it was unavoidable.

RB>>> The whole Eurozone is in a crisis with no end in sight.

MV>> Nonsense. There have been serious problems, but "crisis with no
MV>> end in sight" is grosly overdone.

RB> Do you really believe that?

I see problems, but nothing like "crisis with no end in sight".

RB> Well, there are pessimists and optimists. You see the glass half full,
RB> and I see it half empty.

Perhaps you should not have drunk half of that full glass...

RB>>> But except for the AfD, who do you vote for to change that?

MV>> Not. I feel no need.

RB> To vote at all? I can understand that. No real alternatives.

You may have missed it, but we had an election for parliament last month. I did vote. By "not", I meant I did not vote to change "that" as I see no "that". "Greece" was not an issue in this election and it was not on my list of criteria to make a choice.

RB>>> A "grand coalition" is certainly not the answer.

Then what is the answer according to you.

MV>> Belief is not fact.

RB> Indeed. That's why I'm so pessimistic.

You are more than a pessimist. You are a nagativist. You say no to everything but never say what has to be done to solve what you see as problems.

RB>>> Are you aware that both the Mini and Rolls-Royce (to name two car
RB>>> manufacturers in the UK) belong to the German BMW company? And
RB>>> what are they supposed to do

MV>> The car manufaturers are planning to move their assembly lines
MV>> away from the UK. The Netherlands may benefit. We have a couple of
MV>> car assmbly lines not rinnig full capacity right now.

RB> Like the DAF production line? <beg>

And some others. Believe it or not, we have some spare capacity for car manufacturers.

RB>>> Absolutely nothing - if you also throw out Sweden Denmark and
RB>>> Greece, all of which get "special deals" with the EU.

MV>> Again: None of thsoe have threatened to leave if they did not get
MV>> whatthey wanted.

RB> No, they just wouldn't have joined in the first place. But again, wait
RB> and see.

But they /have/ joined. With no intention of leaving.

RB>>> There have been special deals for quite a numbver of countries,
RB>>> not only the UK.

MV>> But the UK is the only one threatening to leave if they did not
MV>> get what they wanted, and eventually execute that threat. THEY
MV>> left, their choice. We are not going to kick out others for that.

RB> Only if they want the same kind of deal the UK got.

The UK did NOT get the deal that they wanted. That's why they left.

MV>> A divorce opens up old wounds. That is unavoidable. I already
MV>> mentioned Gibraltar.

RB> Ancient history. Can you imagine Spain trying to invade Gibralter? I
RB> can't.

Who knows. What is the UK going to do? Nuke Madrid?

A military invasion is not likely. But I can see scenarios where Gibraltar becomes part of the Brexit negotations. If there were some "encouregments" like Spain closing the border, it may not be all that unattractive for the UK to let go of Gibraltar.

Maybe Spain is willing to trade if for Ceuta...