Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 13 Sep 24 12:11:54, всего сообщений: 12549
= Сообщение: 4839 из 12549 ====================================== ENET.SYSOP =
От   : Michiel van der Vlist            2:280/5555         24 Apr 17 19:52:39
Кому : Vince Coen                                          24 Apr 17 19:52:39
Тема : Brexit, It giet oan!
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:280/5555+58fe3b68
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:250/1@fidonet+58fe247d
Ответ: area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:2448/44+58ff187c
Hello Vince,

On Monday April 24 2017 17:05, you wrote to me:

>> Because the same model is sold in The UK and on the Continent.

VC> Think you will find that TVs in the UK are specific to the region both
VC> by power cable & broadcast standards.

Modern TVs do not have a fixed power cable. They have a cable with a female connector on the end that plugs into the TV. Yes, those cables are different from the cables used in the rest of Europe that have a europlug on the other end instead of BS1363 plug used in the UK.

They can all handle voltages from 220 - 240 Volts, so they will function in almost all of Europe. Some will handle voltages from 100-250 Volts.

VC> We do differ from much of Europe by using the PAL system although

The latets UK analog standard only differed in the sound frequency. It was 5,5 MHz in most of Europe. In the UK it was 6 MHz. PAl was used in most of Europe. France was the odd one out with SECAM.

VC> that seems to be less of a problem that it used to be with the advent
VC> of digital transmissions instead of analogue.

Analog TV over the air is history and so are the different standards. Now there are just three standards. DVB-T, DVB-C and DVB-S. For Terrestrial, fo Cable and for satellite.

VC> That said most if not all TV monitor/receivers can be set up to a
VC> specific countries internal standards by just specifying Country of
VC> use and all adjustments are automatically made.

Yes modern TVs have country specific settings but they are only relevant for the language of the menus and such. The transmission standard is not country specific.