Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 13 Sep 24 12:11:54, всего сообщений: 12549
= Сообщение: 4954 из 12549 ====================================== ENET.SYSOP =
От   : Michiel van der Vlist            2:280/5555         12 May 17 12:58:53
Кому : Robert Bashe                                        12 May 17 12:58:53
Тема : French election
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:280/5555+591598cc
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:2448/44+591577ec
Ответ: area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:292/854+b7064020
Hello Robert,

On Friday May 12 2017 10:49, you wrote to me:

MV>> Those marbles have already been counted. The EU will move on
MV>> without the UK.

RB> I agree. The only question remaining in my mind is what effect BREXIT
RB> will have on lukewarm EU members who might want to join the exodus, in
RB> part to regain soverignty over their own currency (in case of the
RB> Eurozone).

Bob you are cultivating mood. Again... One leaving does not make an "exodus" and there are no "lukewarm members" wanting to leave. That dominao stopped last weekend with Macron winnng the French election. If there ever was a domino. Yes, the elections in Germany are still to come. Don't try to make me believe there is any chance of a Gerxit.

In about a year or so, the realisation that the UK will NOT get what they expected and the people of tghe UK will not get what they were promised by the Brexitteers will sink in. They will NOT get the benefit of the EU without the duties of full membership. Whatever deal they eventually get will be a LOT worse than what they had before Brexit. At the end of the two year period between invoking article 51 and the completion of Brexit they will give their Kingdom for a time machine, so that they can reverse that idiotic referendum. Alas, time machines do not exist.

Others will thinks trice before following the UK when they see what the UK has gotten themselves into.

No country that has it now wants to get rid of the Euro. Not the net contributors and not the net receivers.

RB> Peope here in Germany still haven't forgotten how the EU once wanted
RB> to regulate the curve of banannas ;-) It's a local joke.

Yes, a joke, But not as silly as a US state trying to decree that henceforward pi shall equal 3.

And my bet is that if you ask people in the streets of Germany 99 out 0f 100 HAS forgotten.