Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 20 Sep 24 12:02:56, всего сообщений: 12550
= Сообщение: 6601 из 12550 ====================================== ENET.SYSOP =
От   : Michiel van der Vlist            2:280/5555         09 Jun 18 23:58:44
Кому : Robert Bashe                                        09 Jun 18 23:58:44
Тема : DNS Problems
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:280/5555+5b1c538d
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:2448/44+5b193612
Ответ: area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:2448/44+5b1ccfa6
Hello Robert,

On Thursday June 07 2018 15:19, you wrote to me:

MV>> Maybe I overreacted. I am once again reminded of why I avoided a
MV>> career in teaching. I lose my patience when people do not
MV>> understand things that I consider basic and when I am witheld
MV>> information that couls have solved a problem much quicker...

RB> You have a very short fuse, Michiel.

If you say so. Don't expect it to get any longer. As I indicated there is a reason I avoided a carreer in teaching.

I am not licensed to teach. When I graduated, it was easy to get the teaching license along with the degree. All one had to do was follow a course. No test, all that was required was physical presence at the course. Proven by signing the register every week. I attended the course but realising that a carreer in teaching would end in disaster, I did not sign the register the last four times. So that to anyone trying kick me into teaching, I could say: "sorry I am not licenced to teach".

I never regretted that decision.

Actually that teaching license was for teaching at high school. I did some teaching at universtity. But those were students at my own level. Oddly enough no licence was required for that.

RB> That would have been easy if you had bothered to contact Uli
RB> Schroeter. He's my echomail uplink and anything I wrote and reached
RB> you during the problematic time was sent to him.

When someone asks for my help, I expect them to do the basic leg work themselves.

MV>> No, I assumed that you had some basic knowledge of networking and
MV>> how your own setup was configured. An error obviously..

RB> The Germans call such a remark "ueberheblich". In English you would be
RB> termed a "know-it-all".

Would you prefer to get help from a "know-nothing" ?

RB> You certainly have a lot to learn before you can deal with others on a
RB> civilized basis.

Sorry Bob, I do not "have to" do anything at all any more. I am pensioned. I no longer have a boss who's heels I have to lick to secure my income. I am not rich, but I am not poor either. I can afford to only do what I like. If someone does not like my attitude, he or she is free to walk away. I won't try to stop him/her.