Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 20 Sep 24 12:02:56, всего сообщений: 12550
= Сообщение: 6937 из 12550 ====================================== ENET.SYSOP =
От   : Michiel van der Vlist            2:280/5555         25 Jun 18 23:58:45
Кому : Robert Bashe                                        25 Jun 18 23:58:45
Тема : Formula
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:280/5555+5b316b5f
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:2448/44+5b30a380
Ответ: area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:2448/44+5b31e5e6
Hello Robert,

On Monday June 25 2018 10:03, you wrote to me:

MV>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRtvGABJC2Q

MV>> Take a look at the videao.

RB> I did, and unfortunately did not understand more than a tiny portion
RB> of the explanation.

I am afraid I can't help you. There is a reason I avoided a carreer in education. I can't explain it any better than the guy in the video.

RB> But that's probably not too surprising, if it takes people like
RB> Stephen Hawking to understand the situation. Unbelieveable, that he
RB> could have been such a genius.

The fact that it took a genius to develop the idea, does not mean that it is very hard to understand once the idea is worked out. Most things are not all that difficult any more once they are understood.

I do not find Hawking radiation all that hard to understand. I would never have come uo with that idea myself, but once the idea is there, I can follow it. But then it was 50 years ago that I was first confronted with the totally counter inutitive and bizarre implications of quantummechanics. I had plenty of time to get used to crazy ideas like a particle being in two places at the same time and situations changing when you look at them. That the vacuum is not empty but a sea of virtual particals that come and go. And that one can borrow energy from the vacuum. If only for a very short time..

BTW, Einstein never really accepted quantum mechanics. One of the core principles of quantummechnics is that events are not prediactable. There are only probabilities. Einstein rejected that with: "Der liebe Gott würfelt nicht." To wich the quantum boys say "not only does God play dice, he cheats as well!"

Sleep well,

Michiel