Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 18 Jun 24 12:44:18, всего сообщений: 12517
= Сообщение: 11050 из 12517 ===================================== ENET.SYSOP =
От   : Michiel van der Vlist            2:280/5555         17 Nov 21 10:41:01
Кому : Dmitry Protasoff                                    17 Nov 21 10:41:01
Тема : Russian education
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:280/5555+6194d04e
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:5001/100.1+61940fdf
Ответ: area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:5001/100.1+6194e71f
Hello Dmitry,

On Tuesday November 16 2021 22:37, you wrote to me:

DP>>> It could probably happen to EU if we'll stop gas export today ;)
DP>>> Millions fronzen till death during coming winter.

MV>> If you cut the gas, we will cut the flow of tulips.  ;-)

DP> Lets send more refugees to EU borders! ;)

You want to be complicit to human trafficing?

MV>> Seriously:

DP> I am playing devil's advocate right now, so don't take dead serious
DP> but many people thinks exactly this way.

MV>> Don't underestimate the EU. The EU is the third largest economy
MV>> in the world. After the US and China. Russia's economy is a dwarf
MV>> compared to the EU.

DP> Yes, but EU is too soft, too divided and major powers (French and
DP> Germany) got a long history of high level bribery and corruption.

When push comes to shove, the EU will act in unision.

MV>> Millions frozen when Russia cuts the gas? Hardly. Cutting the gas
MV>> will be inconvenient, it will not kill us. But it will certainly
MV>> /annoy/ us. You do not want to annoy the third economy in the
MV>> world. The EU needs the Russian gas, but Russia also needs the
MV>> EU. If you cut the gas, the payments for the gas will also stop.
MV>> Plus many other things...

DP> Check gas prices - they are skyrocketing.

A good reason for you to not cut the gas, you will miss the income, and a good reason for us to expediate weaning of the gas. We are doing that anyway.

DP> Arab oil monarchies in 70s already used oil as a weapon against USA
DP> and Europe and they are still ok.

What did they acomplish? Yes, I remember the fuel being rationed. It was inconvenient but no millions of people freezing to death. And winters were colder back then. We survived, so what was achieved?

DP> Russia can stop gas supply for Poland but keep it for Germany. Why
DP> not?

Because Poland is part of the EU and Poland will share the gas with the rest of the EU. When push comes to shove the EU unites.

MV>> Don't annoy the Dragon.

DP> It's not a Dragon, it's a guy next door who is too calm and soft to
DP> stop giving his aggressive neighbor money when he needs them.

It's the economy stupid, the economy.

When comparing economics, the EU is a dragon compared to Russia.