Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 13 Sep 24 12:11:54, всего сообщений: 12549
= Сообщение: 4057 из 12549 ====================================== ENET.SYSOP =
От   : Michiel van der Vlist            2:280/5555.1       13 Jul 16 21:54:08
Кому : David Rance                                         13 Jul 16 21:54:08
Тема : Brexit
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:280/5555.1+57869f56
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:203/2+5784d580
Ответ: area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:203/2+5786b53a
Ответ: area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=6840.enetsyso@1:249/303+1bec4f3a
Hello David,

On Tuesday July 12 2016 13:33, you wrote to me:

DR> When I said about how British politics works I'm referring about this
DR> metaphor of "rats leaving a sinking ship" which, if they understood
DR> how our politics works they would see that it just doesn't fit!

To which I say: If the people of the UK would have a better understanding how we look at things this side of the Channel, they would se that from our perspective, it /does/ fit.

DR> However let's take your latest statement that Theresa May's first job
DR> as prime minister should be to invoke article 50 immediately on
DR> Thursday morning.

DR> Wrong!

DR> David Cameron will go to the Queen late on Wednesday afternoon to
DR> tender his resignation and recommend Theresa May as his successor. At
DR> that point there ceases to be a government. An hour or so after that,
DR> Mrs. May will go to the Palace and the Queen will formally ask her to
DR> form a new government.

We are past that.

But why does she have to wait until her crew is complete?

DR> This will take several days as it isn't just a
DR> question of writing out a list and pinning it up somewhere. She will
DR> interview everyone in person (not by email, text or phone!) who she
DR> wants in her government, both Cabinet ministers and junior ministers.

Why does the formality of invoking art 50 have to wait for that? It is going to happen anyway isn't it?

DR> That will take until the weekend. The first meeting of the new cabinet
DR> will be held on Wednesday of next week unless it is brought forward.
DR> That will be her first opportunity of talking about how to implement
DR> Brexit, and that may not necessarily be communicated to the media.

The talks on HOW to implement Brexit can take years. No reason to delay the start any longer.

DR> It does seem as though she commands the support of nearly all of her
DR> Party so forming a government should not be too difficult. It will be
DR> interesting to see whether Boris is offered a job.

I just read he will be in charge of foreign affairs. I wonder if that is wise. He will probably be not all that popular among his EU collegues...

DR> But, obviously, she is going to form her government very much with
DR> Brexit in mind. You need have no worry that Mrs May will renege on the
DR> Brexit vote.

Then why delay the formality of invoking art 50? If she has no intention of back peddaling?

* Origin: Michiel's laptop (2:280/5555.1)