Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 13 Sep 24 12:11:54, всего сообщений: 12549
= Сообщение: 4122 из 12549 ====================================== ENET.SYSOP =
От   : Michiel van der Vlist            2:280/5555.1       14 Jul 16 11:28:56
Кому : David Rance                                         14 Jul 16 11:28:56
Тема : Brexit
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:280/5555.1+57875eca
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:203/2+5786bc42
Ответ: area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:203/2+57876d68
Hello David,

On Thursday July 14 2016 00:10, you wrote to Gerrit Kuehn:

DR> When I was a little boy some seventy years ago, I can remember
DR> distinctly my first sight of a black African because there were so few
DR> of them. Then from the 1960s onwards we have had a steady flow of
DR> Indians, Pakistanis, Africans, West Indians, among others to the point

You can not blame the EU for that. It is a consequence of having been a colonial power. We had the same problem. In the 60ties half of Surinam came to The Netherlands whenit became independent. Later came the people from the Dutch Caribean islands. Alo, in the 60ties we thought it was a good idea to invite people from Marocco and later from Turkey to do cheap labor for jobs that we didn't want ourselves. The idea was that these people would work a couple of years till had enough money and then return to their own country.

But... instead of going back, they let their families come to The Netherlands. And now they have taken over entire neighbourhoods. And they make problems.

We can only blame ourselves. We caused and we have to deal with it. What certainly won't solve the problem is leaving the EU.

DR> Ever heard of "The Jungle" outside Calais? That was a camp where
DR> illegal immigrants were staying so that they could try to make their
DR> way across the Channel and into England. I've seen them myself trying
DR> to get on to trucks bound for England.

I have seen the footage. That problem won't go away either with Brexit. Unless... the UK economy collapses to the point that no one want to come to the UK any more...

DR> David Cameron promised in his manifesto to get immigration, both legal
DR> and illegal, down to below 100,000 per year. He failed.

It isn't the first time a politician is unable to deliver on his promises.

DR> And that's the reason that there was a majority in favour
DR> of Brexit.

If the people of the UK think Brexit will stop the influx, it is a reason to proceed as quickly as possible....

* Origin: Michiel's laptop (2:280/5555.1)