Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 13 Sep 24 12:11:54, всего сообщений: 12549
= Сообщение: 4902 из 12549 ====================================== ENET.SYSOP =
От   : Michiel van der Vlist            2:280/5555.1       08 May 17 21:08:28
Кому : Robert Bashe                                        08 May 17 21:08:28
Тема : French election
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:280/5555.1+5910c631
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:2448/44+5910aa88
Ответ: area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:2448/44+5912ef07
Hello Robert,

On Monday May 08 2017 19:12, you wrote to me:

MV>> Brexit is a done deal.

RB> You think. We'll know more in two years.

The divorce between the UK and the remaining 27 has reached the point of no return. A divorce is final when one of the parties has decided that it is over and out and is ready to move on. The 27 have so decided. Everything else is just filling in the details. The 27 are the dominant party and so they will set the rules. The 27 will move on without the UK and that train is already in motion.

MV>> And Greece is out of the red numbers.

RB> You must be kidding. They've just negotiated still another bailout,
RB> with no light at the end of the tunnel. They're happy just to pay the
RB> interest on their debt.

Greece is now in the situation that they earn more than they spend. Meaning there IS light at the end of the tunnel. Yes, they still have an enormous debt, but they will eventually be able to pay off. End of crisis.

MV>> The refugee problem predates the EU...

RB> Sure, the avalanche really started in 2015.

You have a short memory. We have had avalanches in the 60s, and alomost every ten years after. We dealt withit.

MV>> ... and disolving the EU will not make it go away.

RB> True enough, sonce there's no consensus within the EU now as to what
RB> to do.

There has never been concensus and we have managed nevertheless.

RB>>> Plus the ECB's zero percent interest rate, which is causing not
RB>>> only savers to hoard cash, rather than invest it at zero percent
RB>>> interest, but is now leading to explosions in bank fees for all
RB>>> sorts of things, since the banks can't earn enough anymore by
RB>>> investing the money of their depositors.

MV>> Again: this is is not an EU specific problem.

RB> This IS an EU specific problem.

No, it is not. The US has exactly the same problem. Zero or negative interest is NOT en EU problem.

RB> No Eurozone country can manage it's own currency, devaluing it to
RB> increase exports or raising the value to prevent runaway inflation.

Neither can California or Texas. Yet, they manage.

RB> The ECB runs _everything_, from Germany to Greece and all get the same
RB> deal, regardless of the strength of their economy and regardless of
RB> how badly they need to adjust the value of their currency.

Same as the FEDs in the US. It worked for them over two centuries.

Dissolving the EU is not going to solve anything any more than disolving the USA.

* Origin: Michiel's laptop (2:280/5555.1)