Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 13 Sep 24 12:11:54, всего сообщений: 12549
= Сообщение: 6321 из 12549 ====================================== ENET.SYSOP =
От   : Ward Dossche                     2:292/854          03 May 18 00:51:24
Кому : Gerrit Kuehn                                        03 May 18 00:51:24
Тема : Re: GDPR
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:292/854+0134072f
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:240/12+5a80aa93
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: ASCII ==================================
Ответ: area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:240/12+5aeab90e
Ответ: area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:335/364.1+5aeace38

Gerrit,

GK>WD> As mentioned previously, it all depends on what your definition of
GK>WD> "is" is.

GK> So what is /your/ definition of "is"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yp3TQf2xDc8

Nothing is self-evident, not in the Clinton-case, not in any eventual GDPR-interpretation.

GK>WD> So my function now has a legal status?

GK> Didn't you know? ;-)

That definitely has been contradicted multiple times in 2+ decades, certainly by individuals from your own region. Does that claim now need to be trashcanned because it is inconvenient? A "legal status" in my opinion would include 'power' ... when it concerns that, I have a couple of things to tell you.

GK> Doesn't matter. I'd say, at least from the view of German law you are the
GK> leader of the gang.

Well, the German law stops being effective somewhere between Aachen and Luettich, then it's Belgian law that counts.

GK> BTW: Didn't your legal case with Helmut back in the days produce some
GK> result on the legal status of FidoNet? I vaguely remember that there was
GK> an outcome supporting the view of it being a "Verein" under German law.

The Belgian court that tried the case never made any such statement under German law. Even better, I have been told by members of your region that whatever was said about Fidonet in a Belgian court of law, did bear no relevance under German law.

The Hullen-ruling in any case established that Fidonet indeed is a legal entity governed by a set of rules (Policy) and prior to adressing a court of law all means of appeal under that set of rules needed to be exhausted prior to moving to a court. That's where Hullen lost ... he didn't properly appeal his excommunication.

Further it established that an English language set of rules is acceptable in that courtroom as both sides referenced it and quoted from it, as the document states the official language is English. The original complaint by Hullen initially was thrown out as it was in violation of our very rigorous language laws. [It was really fun, I remember, to see Hullen's very expensive lawyer explode when he realized he was being tackled by a non-lawyer]

Therefor Fidonet indeed is a legal entity in Belgium and due to the harmonisation within the EU I dare to say in at least every other EU-country where it still is active, as well.

In times like this a policy-change would be handy, but that is not going to fly. So I'm looking at an addendum style the regional-policy for R24 and/or specific wording to be added to the prolog of the nodelist.

At the moment, I am attending to other matters in my private life.

 \%/@rd

--- D'Bridge 3.99 SR24
* Origin: Resist-Insist-Persist-Enlist / onwardtogether.org (2:292/854)