Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 06 Jul 24 08:57:14, всего сообщений: 12527
= Сообщение: 5412 из 12527 ====================================== ENET.SYSOP =
От   : Ward Dossche                     2:292/854          12 Sep 17 00:23:24
Кому : Michiel van der Vlist                               12 Sep 17 00:23:24
Тема : Re: ERRFLAGS.ZC2
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:292/854+a4001349
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:280/5555+59b6f2d8
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: ASCII ==================================
Ответ: area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:280/5555+59b8048a
Ответ: area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:240/77+59bc515e
Michiel,

Mv>WD> There have been a number of discussions about this -- are mobile
Mv>WD> nodes real nodes or are they points?

Mv> There has been no discussion.

Maybe other people were involved ... who knows ... or is a discussion not valid until you were in it?

Mv> Not even if that person is the ZC of the largest zone in Fidonet.

Mv> Sorry, I can not support this.

You should perhaps more become involved in the real world ... as a result of this evolution NC292 of the region which you administer is now dealing with several requests for a nodenumber by former sysops who wish to return now that the technicity treshold is lowered ... Jozef Schildermans, Luc Sienaert, Yves Hennico, ... former R53 sysops have enquired, several former R41 sysops have gotten together and want to become a node again ...

The really interesting thing is that about all of them only want the tablet to collect information on how to operate in a TCP/IP environment as all of them come from a POTS-era, and then run a classic node again away from Android on a regular PC.

You're not happy with this evolution but I got over 30 messages in netmail, email and Facebook expressing satisfaction that this step has been taken.

The author of Hotdoged, Sergey Poziturin of 2:5020/2141, is elated and has found new energy to further develop the productm he is now thinking about adding node-specific features, such as routing, multi-uplink setup and so on.

The future of communication, and hence of Fidonet, lies in hand-held mobile devices and technical innovation. PCs sooner rather than later will become extinct.

And in the end I do not decide whether this attempt will be met with success or not. If it catches then it will become more popular and as 'current practice' will be documented by the FTSC, if it doesn't catch then it will die a silent death.

Back in time when ISDN was introduced it was met by fierce opposition and when the different flags dealing with it were regulated, I was called many things. Some of them not so nice. ISDN proved its worth and while it may be gently on the way outm allowing it against the wishes of some was not a bad decision.

Same story when I allowed TCP/IP for setting-up connections. Violently opposed by none less than ZC1 Bob Satti who believed Fidonet should remain virgin POTS-territory until after a while when he saw he writing and had no other choice. Now Ip-connections qre the thing which drives Fidonet. I never had any idea it would take-off the way it did but had to permit the experiment. Had I refused it, it would have happened anyway, evolution cannot be stopped ... you're a scientist, you know these things.

It's a bit like Bjorn did a few days ago. Kick the anthill, observe the movement, notice which brain cells are still alive and move on ... I just wish he wouldn't have stepped so hard on your and my toes.

Tqke cqre, you'll live through this.

 \%/@rd

--- D'Bridge 3.99
* Origin: I will always keep a PC running WinXP (2:292/854)