Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 13 Sep 24 12:11:54, всего сообщений: 12549
= Сообщение: 5068 из 12549 ====================================== ENET.SYSOP =
От   : Ward Dossche                     2:292/854          30 Jul 17 01:43:13
Кому : Michiel van der Vlist                               30 Jul 17 01:43:13
Тема : Re: Service announcement
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:292/854+a4005355
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:280/5555+597cfd9e
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: ASCII ==================================
Ответ: area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:280/5555+597dac4d
Michiel,

Mv> Try to be at the site a couple of days early. Not just to secure a good
Mv> viewing spot, but making contact with others interested in the phenomena
Mv> is part of the fun.

The USA, or at least parts of it, are going crazy and it has become big business. For example in Jackson Wyoming which is straight in the track, the price of an average $70 motel room went up to $2400 per night ... and selling.

In Oregon on a campsite straight in the center of the path, tent-sites have been auctioned for $3000 which usually would cost like $10-20.

I'm going to camp-out in, you will not believe this, in a camp of the Boy Scouts of America with a troop with scoutmasters friendly to me. These are Montana scouts but we're camping in Wyoming, different council.

There is someone there who is going to teach the astronomy merit badge, there are also some things to complete which will earn one the "Eclipse Merit Badge".

There will not be just small boys, but also their parents and other adults camping with us. We will be just outside the east entrance of Yellowstone. The eclipse there is at 98%. If it can be managed we will drive to Cody WY and then head south early in the day to catch 100%, however if the roads really are that crazy jam-packed as predicted I'll just sit in my chair and enjoy the spectacle which, where we are, is supposed to last for 2min23sec. I have already 2 sets of certified eclipse glasses.

I don't have any ambition to take photographs of the sun, but there'll be a few selfies of my granddaughter and myself at the exact moment.

We will be there from sometime August 19th and will pull-out again the 21st late or 22nd [my friends are leaving the afternoon of the 21st, [they have a business to attend to]. We need to go to a wedding of a friend the 26th close to the Canadian border and then fly home the 28th [school starts Sep.1st].

You're welcome to join us there and camp with us ... that is real rural camping. There are decent sanitary facilities, there is fresh drinking water, there is trout fishing and it's prime grizzly habitat. [and I will have portable wifi, so not that primitive either]

 \%/@rd

--- D'Bridge 3.99
* Origin: I will always keep a PC running WinXP (2:292/854)