Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 06 Jul 24 08:57:14, всего сообщений: 12527
= Сообщение: 3693 из 12527 ====================================== ENET.SYSOP =
От   : Ward Dossche                     2:292/854          18 Apr 16 09:42:06
Кому : Torsten Bamberg                                     18 Apr 16 09:42:06
Тема : Re: 2:2432/0
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:292/854+a4034255
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:240/5832+57118505
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: CP866 ==================================

Torsten,

TB> Btw, I to communicate with good manners. If there are any problems with
TB> nodes in R24, it would be kind, to ask first via netmail.

I don't see where the bad manners are.

There was a technical question requiring a technical answer. I got your reply, which completely negated the problem.

Sven for years has been a very central provider  also for out-of-R24 systems and when he has been down for months at a time without communication from whomever that is something to worry about.

When I need to know something or have to announce something, it goes out to everyone in ENET.SYSOP, REGCON.EUR, all RCs in private non CC-ed netmail and in many cases in the ZCC-echo as well. There's nothing unfriendly there, just using a broad spectrum to maximise the possibility of an answer.

If you find that offensive, then understand that offense was taken, but not given.

TB> Even it's a ununderstandable
TB> bad style to shout out any toplists of 'down' systems, of 'unconnectable'
TB> systems and other human unreadable 'connection' lists.

Even though I have not been publishing such lists, I find them totally justified and acceptable. The nodelist is full of nonsense and dead wood and attempts are being made to clean it out.

For a practical example take a look at Zone-1 Region19 Net387. That is Roy Witt's net ... he died in January of last year, some 15 months ago. The net is there, the sysop still is there listed as "Deceased" but listed as an active NC without connection information. "That" is nonsense. "Felton Turner" is a fake sysop, a name chosen to upset Bjorn Felten, "Andru Boz" is a fake-sysop too, the entry lists as "Aftershock Tester" but that Fido-for-Tablet software has a mortal bug and the developer is not releasing the code and not working on it because no-one will pay for it ... yet all that nonsense is in the nodelist.  From a technical point of view: 2 nodes not listing connect-information in a net that doesn't list connect information. In Z2 we call these "points".

Zone-2 is full of nonsense too ... R40 is as good as unreachable, R45 is as good as unreachable ... what about all those possible bogus-entries?

All of the Z2-RC's have taken no offense at the postings, except you now and I really don't understand it. What I see when comparing nodelists from week-to-week is that RCs and NCs are responding and cleaning up their regions and zones, also outside of Z2.

The postings are not complaints, to me they are very useful technical tools.

And if Sven has been out of contact since ... pfftttt ... Febr.27th or so, then that is a valid reason of concern for me. People are keeping mail for him to pick-up/deliver and we have no clue in what way this way of being incommunicado affects the whole zone ... Sven connects to at least dozens of other systems.

TB> If the style of communication gets further like this, it doesn't make
TB> sense to spare time on fidonet.

ENET.SYSOP has been very quiet for quite a long time now and I don't really see any cause for such remarks. If Fidonet is not your thing, then "Sayonara", it's not my decision to make. Personally I have no problems with how R24 is being run.

TB> For any R24 problems are Markus as REC24 and myself as RC24 daily
TB> reachable.

I will keep that in mind.

Thank you (and BTW, this "also" was just a technical message, nothing personal)

 \%/@rd

--- D'Bridge 3.99
* Origin: Many Glacier -- Protect - Preserve - Conserve (2:292/854)