Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 20 Sep 24 12:02:56, всего сообщений: 12550
= Сообщение: 6947 из 12550 ====================================== ENET.SYSOP =
От   : Conrad J. Koehler                2:292/854.200      27 Jun 18 00:19:58
Кому : Robert Bashe                                        27 Jun 18 00:19:58
Тема : Looking for VHS Hi8 video-camera
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:292/854.200+5b32bc0e
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:2448/44+5b31e3f4
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: CP437 ==================================
Hi Bob!

RB> That won't be possible, Ward. I worked on such things a few years back,
RB> and managed to digitalize some VHS material I had (with a Terratec
RB> Grabster), but the quality isn't anywhere near what you would expect
RB> today.

You're right with most you wrote.
But it's actually quite easy to get decent quality VHS digital captures.
Most of the problems of VHS are caused by the inferior standard and aging.
Resolution is less of a problem.
VHS is just enough for a tube TV set to be displayed right, but digital equipment is far less tolerant with signal deviations.
But there are devices that can take care of most of these problems. They digitize each video frame line by line, manipulate it and output it again. They throw away the color subcarrier burst and the sync signals and generate them new. Furthermore, they start each video line at the right time, so you get clean edges. Better devices let you boost or lower black level, luminance and color, throw away one video field (half-picture), slightly move and resize the picture and be perfectly in line with the studio sync. They're called time base correctors or frame store synchronizers. They're difficult to handle in live environments as they delay the video signal one or multiple frames, so at least the audio must be equally delayed. But you'll get real good results, even at home. Better later S-VHS machines had simple TBCs built-in, so you might go for one of these you can get cheap and redo the stuff that didn't look too well. These also handle the audio delay internally.

Cheers,

Conrad
--- AfterShock/Android 1.6.7
* Origin: .-==o[# RoBOtS - BBS #]o==. (2:292/854.200)