Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 14 Jun 24 12:02:39, всего сообщений: 12513
= Сообщение: 11220 из 12513 ===================================== ENET.SYSOP =
От   : Matthias Hertzog                 2:301/1            13 Feb 22 10:25:18
Кому : All                                                 13 Feb 22 10:25:18
Тема : Transition 2:301/1
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:301/1+6208cea3
Ответ: area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:201/137+cc717f07
Ответ: area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:371/52@fidonet+620aa343
Hi folks

As you now, corona enabled me to relaunch region 2:30 (switzerland)
some time ago. Corona is still there, so are we. Fidonet is still not a hype
in switzerland, but we have some fine folks here having fun with their tools
and systems.

One of them is Alisha Manuela Stutz, who i know for many years. She is
very active in the retro computer scene, runs her own mailbox and helps others
improving their systems and mailboxes. She joined fidonet after the relauch
here in switzerland and is operating some othernets as well. For most of them,
she runs the swiss distribution systems which i like to call "backbone" in my
stoneage-like way to see it.

Alisha is operating three systems aleady and thinks about expanding fidonet
to cyprus later on. As travel restrictions prevent installing her hardware,
this project has to be queued a bit, but i'm quite certain that she will
proceed with that.

As Alisha is able to spend more time for fidonet (even as she's not retired
like i am), it's a very logical consequence that she will take over some
work from me. Furthermore, her software is a bit more en vogue than mine.

Therefore, we announce the transition of "the swiss backbone" 2:301/1 from
my system to a new system maintained by Alisha.

We do this in two steps:

Step 1: The DNS entry pointing to 2:301/1 will be changed to Alisha's system
        by the end of next week. With that, we want to make sure all connects
        go to her system, even from people who don't use an updated nodelist
        The new DNS entry was entered in the nodelist last year, so everyone
        should have it in the nodelist by now.
Step 2: I'll send an updated REGION30 segment to Ward, so the change gets
        represented in the officiel nodelist. Both steps will happen at
        almost the same time, with some fallback options in place.

For all systems with links to 2:301/1, there's nothing to change at all.
Alisha's system is configured with the same session passwords as before.
Her system will send crash to all the linked systems.

All echomail areas that were connected here, are also set up at the new
system, so noone will have to re-connect anything. However, sending
some areafix requests to 2:301/1 after the change is a good idea anyway.
Her tools have a slightly different syntax than mine, so please start
sending a %HELP to filefix / areafix at 2:301/1 then.

Shortly after the DNS change, my system will be reconfigured, so it will
only respond to 2:30/0, 2:301/0 and my personal node number 2:301/101.

Feel free to route netmails through my system at 2:30/0. I will retain all
the existing routing paths i currently have. I will stay NC for 2:301 and
RC for 2:30.

For questions about the transition, please get in touch with Alisha and/or
myself:

Alisha: 2:301/113 - bufferzone@abad1dea.to
Matthias: 2:301/101 - matthias@hertzog.ch

If you have my mobile phone number, please feel free to get in touch with
me via Signal, Telegram and iMessage.

I want to thank all of my current links and contacts for your effort
in keeping fidonet alive. Alisha an i (but mainly Alisha) will do our part
to keep fidonet switzerland alive, and maybe grow it a bit.

And finally, many thanks to Alisha for supporting the retro scene and fidonet
with all your motivation, effort an ressources. I wish you a lot of fun,
few technical difficulties and great exchanges with our colleagues all
over he world.

Best wishes,
Matthias
--- GoldED+/W64-MSVC 1.1.5-b20180707