Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 13 Sep 24 12:11:54, всего сообщений: 12549
= Сообщение: 4073 из 12549 ====================================== ENET.SYSOP =
От   : Richard Menedetter               2:310/31           13 Jul 16 11:40:24
Кому : David Rance                                         13 Jul 16 11:40:24
Тема : Brexit
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:310/31+578615fe
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:203/2+5784ff1a
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: LATIN-1 ================================
Ответ: area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:203/2+57863e70
Hi David!

12 Jul 2016 16:30, from David Rance -> Richard Menedetter:

RM>> No other country of the EU got so many exemptions than the UK
RM>> did.
DR> But the UK still makes quite a net contribution to the EU budget

So do others.
Without that many exemptions.

RM>> When dealing with the EU I got always the impression that the
RM>> sole purpose is to get the best deal for the UK, no matter what.
RM>> From my point of view there are also european values that are
RM>> important. And only pushing for exemptions without also looking
RM>> at the greater picture is not a good idea.
DR> And just how do you think the government can sell that idea to the UK
DR> people? This is why just over half the population want out!

By the greater picture.
By the fact that it is a peace project, by the fact that a single country can hardly stand in todays globalized world.

It was successfully "sold" to other countries.
If the price to keep the UK is too high, it is better to let them go.
See how they fare on their own.
Oh wait ... that is what happened.

RM>> If the UK wants to pay more to have less impact on the politics,
RM>> it is their right to have it their way ... I do not understand
RM>> it, but I honor that they can do it.

RM>> They should just be quick about it, and not meander around the
RM>> way they did before.
DR> "meander around the way they did before."? What are you referring to?

"We send the EU 350 million pounds a week - let's fund our NHS instead"

One would assume that after a campaign advertised itself with that "fact", that the government would push to have the money as fast as possible to themeselves.
So "out" as fast as they can, to "save" the money.

But reality looks a bit different.

When I hear the reactions of the group that "won" they sound like
"FUCK ... who would have thought that so many idiots really do what we ask - what do we do now???"

Also the NHS claim was retracted the day after the referendum.
But it was the reason why many people voted the way they did.

CU, Ricsi

--- GoldED+/LNX
* Origin: <insert scene of unimaginable violence here> (2:310/31)