Присутствуют сообщения из эхоконференции ENET.SYSOP с датами от 10 Jul 13 21:42:12 до 13 Sep 24 12:11:54, всего сообщений: 12549
= Сообщение: 4207 из 12549 ====================================== ENET.SYSOP =
От   : Richard Menedetter               2:310/31           11 Sep 16 15:13:00
Кому : David Rance                                         11 Sep 16 15:13:00
Тема : Brexit
FGHI : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:310/31+57d55aa1
На   : area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:203/2+578faabe
= Кодировка сообщения определена как: LATIN-1 ================================
Ответ: area://ENET.SYSOP?msgid=2:2448/44+57d6571c
Hi David!

20 Jul 2016 18:45, from David Rance -> Richard Menedetter:

David, sorry for my late reply.
Had some technical issues with the Fido system while I have been on vacation.

DR> You don't have to be homeless in order to be aware of the problem and
DR> vote accordingly.

But you not only voted to THAT one problem.
You voted for a complete procedure that has tremendous implications on your country.
I am sure that everybody thought through what it actually means before she/he voted for leave.

I am wondering why it now takes so long to work out the details ...
as were already needed BEFORE the ballot to be able to make an informed decision!

DR>>> And why? Because we cannot stem the flow of migrants to this
DR>>> country
RM>> That is a very simplistic view ...
DR> Simplistic means "affectedly simple". My comment was not affectedly
DR> simple but based on what I hear and read.  You are not here. I am
DR> writing here to answer the simplistic comments.

But to me the point is that it was not a ballot about immigration, but about leaving the EU.
(together with all agreements that the UK had with the EU).

DR> Incidentally, where do you live? I have been assuming you are
DR> Austrian.

Correct

RM>> I had the impression that the leave side has the most simplistic
RM>> answers in the world.
DR> In order to reduce a referendum to a yes/no choice it has had to be
DR> simplistic. And because it is simplistic there has been room for
DR> erroneous statements to have been made on both sides.

From my point of view it is strange that there was a ballot, and people voted.
And now they take YEARS to comprehend how to implement the decision!

This should have been clarified _BEFOREHAND_ otherwise you have no clue what you have voted for.

Leaving the EU has HUGE implications for your country.
If it is well thought through and the majority of your people want it, then do it.

But basing the decision on ONLY one facette, and ignoring all other facettes is ... not intelligent.

I have to agree to my countryman Christoph Waltz:
The brexit is an abysmal stupidity.

DR> If the question of immigration had not been so prominent, I can assure
DR> you that, even though there were other complaints, we would not have
DR> voted for Brexit.

Do you personally think that the voters understood what they voted for?
With all the consequences?

CU, Ricsi

--- GoldED+/LNX
* Origin: Then somebody spoke, and I went into a dream... (2:310/31)